• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best AGP videocard?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

M-Bonez

Registered
Hey, I just have a quick question. What is the best video card (under $200) that you can get for AGP?

M-Bonez said:
Hey, I just have a quick question. What is the best video card (under $200) that you can get for AGP?

I believe the ATI X800XT PE is the best ATI card for AGP and the Nvidia 6800Ultra is the Best AGP card for NVIDIA

man save your money & get the 7800gs you wont regret it

270$ at directron with free shipping

6d502602.jpg

Its awsome

You can get a refurb eVGA 7800gs 256mb from newegg for about that, It might not be the best bang for your buck but it will be the best bang for a agp card under $200.

here is the card that I am talking about. When compaired to other agp cards it will perform about the same as a x850xt pe, which is hard to find and still expensive, the only agp that will destroy it will be the bliss 7800gs with 512mb which does not have a crippled core. Also the 7600gt will eventually be out in agp for prob around 200.

If you want to dip below 200 then you are looking at a 6800gs, 7600gs, x800gto, x800xl, or x850pro. Out of those the ATi cards have had random deals on them over the last month and a half and offer the best bang for the buck but all of the good deals are gone currently, also aviod the 6800xt at all costs unless you are buying a used one that you know will unlock.

Also just to clarify the best agp card from ATi is the x850xtpe and the best normal card from nVidia is the 7800gs both perform about the same. However there are some 7800gs cards that use better cores and 512mb of memory these cards will smoke all other agp cards like a pancake but they are hard to find and are expensive.

If 200 is exactly what you want to spend get the refurb 7800gt that I linked, other people on this forum have bought that refurb card and swear by it. If you can wait until the 7600gt agp is launched you might want to do so as it might beat the crippled normal 7800gs and you wont have to pick it up refurb.

Last edited:
Ya the Gainward Bliss is technically the 'best' because it's really a 7800GT. But it's not even worth mentioning because it was very limited quantity, only sold in the UK afaik, and cost a lot more than $200 anyway. Otherwise boss summed it up well. If you're willing to buy used off eBay you can often get a good deal on a 6800gs or an x850.

Back