• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

VGA Waterblock Recommendation

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheSonOfX51

Disabled
Recommend me a VGA Waterblock and tell me how it will affect my temps (cpu and vga). I currently have a vf900 on my 7900GT and is 66C on full load after it was voltmodded to 1.5v.

Im using the D5 pump and it would be running through a radiator, then a swiftech storm, then the vga waterblock. Will my pump be able to handle it? Will it be able to handle sli if I chose to go that way in the future?

Thank you all in advance

TheSonOfX51 said:
Recommend me a VGA Waterblock and tell me how it will affect my temps (cpu and vga). I currently have a vf900 on my 7900GT and is 66C on full load after it was voltmodded to 1.5v.

Im using the D5 pump and it would be running through a radiator, then a swiftech storm, then the vga waterblock. Will my pump be able to handle it? Will it be able to handle sli if I chose to go that way in the future?

Thank you all in advance

With that pump and the storm waterblock, if you are useing 1/2" tubing that good for around 1GPM flow so keep that in mind when choosing VGA block. Of course that 1GPM is with 1/2" tubing.

A couple of questions.
Type of radiator
tubing size
resvoir or Tline & filport

The MP-01 is a great block, but be warned it is VERY restrictive for a GPU block... I would go with something more free flowing like the maze 4 or the Swifty MCW60.

TheSonOfX51 said:
is the dangerden NV-78 not worth the 110 dollars? or would a swiftech with ram sinks do just as good? or better?
If you want a full cover VGA block I would suggest www.ekwaterblocks.com , He make gorgeous blocks! And cheaper. I personally would only use the full cover blocks if running crossfire or SLI... makes tube routing much easier. For 1 VGA my preference is block on the core like the MCW60 and ram sinks... the ram will not be the limiting factor in OC due to heat...

I guess ill go with the swifty mcw60 (without ram heatsinks, ive got some zalman ones already on there now) because its less restrictive and I dont believe that getting the dtek one is really going to cool it down so much more that I get a higher overclock after voltmodding. If there are not any objections, Im going to go ahead and order it this weekend.

While Im taking apart my loop, would a chipset block matter at all? or should I just get the copper led one that everyone has been raving about for DFI boards?

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=465285

Last edited:
So, the DD NV-78 blocks are not worth the 120 USD? The MCW60 will give you better performance for half the price? And the air cooled ram sinks will work just as good as the full coverage NV-78 block?

TheSonOfX51 said:
I guess ill go with the swifty mcw60 (without ram heatsinks, ive got some zalman ones already on there now) because its less restrictive and I dont believe that getting the dtek one is really going to cool it down so much more that I get a higher overclock after voltmodding. If there are not any objections, Im going to go ahead and order it this weekend.
Good call ... :)

Back