• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

wierd expansion slot

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sephiroth_749

Top ranking SOLDIER officer
i have an old ibm netvista p3 and it has this one expansion slot that looks liike a pci slot but has a little slot added on to it. the little slot added on to it looks like the little slot on pci slots. I was wondering what kind of slot this is. The board came with a networking card in this slot if that helps out any

sephiroth_749 said:
i have an old ibm netvista p3 and it has this one expansion slot that looks liike a pci slot but has a little slot added on to it. the little slot added on to it looks like the little slot on pci slots. I was wondering what kind of slot this is. The board came with a networking card in this slot if that helps out any

Can you check the IBM Web Site if they still have such PC Model in their "Historic" or similar PC pages?? By the way it is probably be a "PCI", ISA, AMR or AGP Expansion slot.

Without seeing it, I can't say for sure, but it sounds like and ISA slot. If you can't find any info on it, you can throw a pic of the board up and I'm sure someone can tell you for sure.

64bit pci slot perhaps? That would be white. What color is it and pics would help also.

Back