• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The 6600 and the P5W DH Deluxe rocks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dragonprince

What can I say but it's a great setup. I have been running the P5W DH Deluxe for the last couple weeks with the P4 805D at 3.8Ghz. Finaly received my C2D 6600, popped it in...applied some AS5 and went to 1.425v on the core and 325 Mhz on the FSB...instant 2.93 Ghz for 360 dollars :beer: . Yeah the board has more, but for now I'm going to burn in at these settings.

I spent 5 hours playing Oblivion off the first boot of the chip and the difference between the 805D at 3.8 and the C2D at 2.93 is one of the most pronounced increases in performance I've seen in years of gaming. I actually said, " Whooaa" the first time I ran into an outdoor battle and nothing slowed down at all...:clap: :clap: :clap:

Dragonprince said:
What can I say but it's a great setup. I have been running the P5W DH Deluxe for the last couple weeks with the P4 805D at 3.8Ghz. Finaly received my C2D 6600, popped it in...applied some AS5 and went to 1.425v on the core and 325 Mhz on the FSB...instant 2.93 Ghz for 360 dollars :beer: . Yeah the board has more, but for now I'm going to burn in at these settings.

I spent 5 hours playing Oblivion off the first boot of the chip and the difference between the 805D at 3.8 and the C2D at 2.93 is one of the most pronounced increases in performance I've seen in years of gaming. I actually said, " Whooaa" the first time I ran into an outdoor battle and nothing slowed down at all...:clap: :clap: :clap:

You do not need that much vcore for these. My 6400 is at 409FSB wit 1.375 vcore. Completely stable, Dual Prime 12hours, all the benchmarks and 3d gaming. Try a lower a vcore I think you will be impressed. I also am using the P5W DH

Yeah IMO 1.425v for under 3ghz is overkill. I was running 1.38v at 3ghz perfectly fine on first boot up

Also firing up Oblivion for first time on new rig tonight :cool: :D

Dragonprince said:
... the difference between the 805D at 3.8 and the C2D at 2.93 is one of the most pronounced increases in performance I've seen in years of gaming. I actually said, " Whooaa" the first time I ran into an outdoor battle and nothing slowed down at all...:clap: :clap: :clap:

NOW THATS what i want to hear.... think i will notice a difference between a P4 northwood 3.0ghz and 6600gt compared to a E6600 and 7900gt KO 512mb ? :rolleyes: :beer:

dominick32 said:
Air or Water cooling?
Sweet 6600 bro. :beer:

Air - Arctic Freezer 7. To be honest my heatsink barely gets warm to the touch so far. If the system wasn't so stable I would have thought I didn't put it on right :shrug: I transcoded a video again from DivX to XVid to compare results versus the 805D. The same conversion took an hour and ten minutes on the 805D and only 43 minutes on the 6600 and again the heatsink barely got warm. This chip is amazing.

As far as the 1.425v like I said above I'm doing the burn in at that voltage. I will roll it back after a few days and see how low it will go and stay stable.

M Diddy said:
Just an FYI, my 6600 did 340 FSB on Auto VCore....

Just another FYI.. your CPU cooling is better :)
And nearly double the price.
AFP's are like 30 bucks and they come with a fan.

This is what and where I bought the AF7.

http://www.coolerguys.com/840556021407.html

I have a huge copper TTower that I could put on but from what I read the C2D chips are running so cool the crazy heatsinks are not needed for anything but the most aggressive OC's. My experience so far is bearing this out, my temps encoding the video maxed at 38c with the AF7. No need to have the giant heatsink weight hanging off the board. I have a Corsair water setup too that I might use at some point in the future but right now I can't see a need for it. The AF7 is one of the quietest heatsinks I've ever used, even with the motherboard BIOS forced to performance on the fan speed it is still nothing but a low hum, quieter than my water pump.

Back