• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ubuntu splash

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blueswitch

ok so IM giving Ubuntu a whirl and I wanted to add some extra icons and such and installed the Edubuntu graphics pack through Synaptic.....well it changed the Ubuntu log on and log off little orange logo screen say Edubuntu.....even unloaded the Edubuntu graphics pack...reloaded the Ubuntu one...and it still hasn;t changed back...anyone know how I can change this back to the right way?

Secondly while im thinking of it....are there any other docks I can load besides the Gnome Pannel?....Im thinking something like OSX's dock...just didn't know if there has been a better pannel since I know Gnomes hasn;t changed it years.

if you want to install a osx style bar you need to move to the KDE desktop which has an application called kxdocker which does this.

sudo apt-get install kubuntu-desktop (this will install the KDE desktop as a login option )

sudo apt-get install kxdocker (install kxdocker)

alternatively you can install them through synaptic

FInd out more about kxdocker and see screenshots at the following URL
http://www.xiaprojects.com/www/prodotti/kxdocker/main.php

To change the login screen you edit the GDM (gnome display manager) login options under the administration menu

anything besides switching to KDE?...might as well install Kubuntu if I'm gonna do that

Oh and this isn't the log in screen spalsh...it's before that...it's the VGA graphic that displays before X loads

Last edited:
Back