• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1gig flash drives $4.99 after $80 Tigerdirect mail in rebate

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
lol @ tigerdirect

No way in hell I'd shell out $85 considering you most likely won't get it back.

Aren't these like $20 now anyway? Why risk losing $65 extra?

its so mean to have an attractive title the thread, and then see tigerdirect lol =)

What is wrong with Tigerdirect? I bought a refurbed laptop there 2 years ago (see sig) and it was an awesome price at the time for what has been an awesome laptop. No problems with TD, they made me a happy customer.

I would rather shell out about ~30 or so at a CC or Worst Buy than be out 80 bucks for months.

Mooyo said:
I would rather shell out about ~30 or so at a CC or Worst Buy than be out 80 bucks for months.

Didn't you work at "worst buy?" Anyways i agree also there are deals under 30 all over the net on many flash drives.

If you have a good record with getting your MIR back from tigerdirect and can wait a few weeks to get your money back this is worth it to you. However most people are not going to take this risk or wait that long to get such a large chunk of change back on a cheap item.

better deal in my opinion:

2GB=$33 shipped

ive got the 1GB version of that card. its built a little cheaply, but it works fine so far. also ive used eWiz several times with no trouble.

search the flash drives there are you can find 1GB for $20.60 +SH and maybe some $25ish ones with free shipping.

BossBorot said:
Didn't you work at "worst buy?" Anyways i agree also there are deals under 30 all over the net on many flash drives.

If you have a good record with getting your MIR back from tigerdirect and can wait a few weeks to get your money back this is worth it to you. However most people are not going to take this risk or wait that long to get such a large chunk of change back on a cheap item.

I do indeed still work at Worst Buy. Speaking of which, $25 bucks for a 1 gig this week at Worst Buy.

MIR aren't a bad thing but Tigerdirect has a pretty bad reputation on this subject.

i once sent 6 MIR to tigerdirect from the first build of my computer.

case - a random one (MIR) - still in use with my comp
psu - 350 watt (MIR) - still in use with diff comp
cpu - amd 2600 - still in use with diff comp
drives - cd-rw, dvd (2x MIR) - still in use with my comp
hard-drive - 120 gb WD - still in use with my comp
mobo - i forgot what it is because it was so damn long ago. (MIR) - still in use with diff comp

edit: video card - 5600 xt (MIR) that came back too. so that would be 6 in total not 5

and all of them came back. of course it did take a while. but it came.

and i also got a case/psu from them. that shipped on the day they recieved my order. and infact. it got here on the day new egg sent it.

Last edited:
All normal stuff from Tigerdirect usually goes smoothly. When there is something insane like this, AVOID THEM!! They obviously are not 85 dollar flash drives, they probably just only mail half the people their rebates back, if even that.

I hate to say this about a company, but if there is one place that should burn in hell, I would say it should be Tiger Direct.

As soon as I saw 1gig 4.99 after 80 MIR, I INSTANTLY thought tiger direct before even seeing it...and no..that is not a good sign.

Back