Notices

Overclockers Forums > Software > Games
Games Tips and general discussion
Forum Jump

Anyone with PSO experience, I've got some questions (Dreamcast)

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 08-27-06, 05:26 PM Thread Starter   #1
soundfx4

Anyone with PSO experience, I've got some questions (Dreamcast)

My friend and I recently got out our old Dreamcasts out and started messing with them. This immediately brought back memories of PSO, one of the greatest games to ever touch the DC console. I downloaded PSO BB and started playing it, but I never got my DC character up to level 100. Is there anyway at all that I can play the DC version online? I know the US servers were shut down, but I heard that the Japanese servers are still running. But my characters won't work on the jap servers. Is there anyway I can run my own DC pso server? Has there been any GNU software released to do this? Or even licensed software that is available for free use? The process as I see it would be as followed:

1: Get the DC PSO server software running on one of my PCS

2: Hack the US PSO game so that it connects to my PC running the software

3: Give my friend the address so that we could play PSO once more, just to get my character up to level 100.

I don't see this as possible, but it makes me sad that I never finished leveling my character. It brings back a lot of memories, and it makes me sad that we had to move on and leave the DC and PSO behind

3: Playing wow again -_- Realm:Shandris Faction:Alliance Class:Druid Level:80 Spec:Feral Name:Hawtdrood
4: I'm Depressed most of the time, and I still don't know what I want to do with my life
5: I like cars and hope to learn to work on them one day
soundfx4 is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 08-27-06, 06:20 PM   #2
boris_37

Just play BB then... you can level to 200 too. Plus there are lots of unreleased items that were added.

They also finally made cool units that give you faster casting for FO's and other such things, which made the game loads better.
and ps, yes i own every single version of pso and the soundtracks... i like it a lot!

Seagate 250GB SATA150 Seagate 300GB SATA300 AND 74gb raptor OS Drive

Heat

Last edited by boris_37; 08-27-06 at 06:30 PM.
boris_37 is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 08-27-06, 06:38 PM Thread Starter   #3
soundfx4

Quote:
Originally Posted by boris_37
Just play BB then... you can level to 200 too. Plus there are lots of unreleased items that were added.

They also finally made cool units that give you faster casting for FO's and other such things, which made the game loads better.
and ps, yes i own every single version of pso and the soundtracks... i like it a lot!

well I am playing bb, but it just isn't the same. I'm so stupid about this sort of stuff. When I turned on the dreamcast and saw the PSO start screen just a few days ago, I almost cried, no joke. I really wanted to finish my character, but finishing him in offline mode just wouldn't be the same

3: Playing wow again -_- Realm:Shandris Faction:Alliance Class:Druid Level:80 Spec:Feral Name:Hawtdrood
4: I'm Depressed most of the time, and I still don't know what I want to do with my life
5: I like cars and hope to learn to work on them one day
soundfx4 is offline   QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Software > Games
Games Tips and general discussion