• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lots of problems with Biostar P4M80-M4 mobo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Milan

Registered
Hey everyone-

I'm having problems with this new computer we bought and cant figure out what the problem might be.

My dad bought a cheap but new computer off of ebay, it's a celeron 2.8ghz with 80 gig hd etc.

The computer is complete w/o an OS. So I get this computer and I format the hardrive and install Windows. Everything works fine untill I have to reboot, here are the problems Im having:

1) The computer takes forever to go through POST

2) After it finally posts, if there is no Windows CD in the CDROM drive (regardless that i already installed xp), it will just give me an error message that says DISK BOOT FAILURE INSERT SYSTEM DISK etc.

What could cause this? Do you think the motherboard is just junk or what? I just dont see why it cant find the system files on the hardrive if windows is already installed.....

First at what point during post does the mobo take the longest to go through, some mobo do a ram test that might take a while.

I could also be that the mobo is having problems reconizing your hdd and that would explain both the slow post and not being able to boot from the hdd.

Hi, I am having the same problem with the p4m80 board. Except for the fact if I put my boot cd in, it will go through the cycle again, It will then give me the option of booting from cd (press any key)which I do not do, it then reads my hard drive and boots up windows XP......go figure why it doesn't do it the first time:

Machine
2.3 ghz
512 ram
p4m80 m4
sg 80 gig hd

I have not tried to flash the bios......I have entered bios setup and it sees my hard drive there......any suggestions

Thanks

clear the cmos

hi, i had the same problem and i clear the cmos, setting the jumper to position 2-3 for about 1 minute. that's all....

Back