• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Only problem with cpu overclock is in CS:S

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stainer711

Registered
In CS:S I get constant teleporting with my overclock on even though my temps are staying at their normal range. I stopped overclocking, and it all went away. I would just stop trying to overclock, but my pc is very cpu limited, and I don't feel like shelling out the cash for a better cpu. Is there any way to make it more stable? I have the FSB:RAM ratio at 1:1 because there is no way to change it, and so I am thinking about upping the voltage to the cpu. My FSB is at 228. Any ideas? I'm overclocking a 3700+ BTW.

is there definitely no way to change the fsb:ram ratio? I only ask because i couldnt find it in my bios because i was actually looking for something labelled 'ram divider' (or similar), and what i actually had to do was change from ddr400 to ddr333. Im a big noob tho and you probably knew all that already :s.

No i didn't, lawl. How much of a performance decrease does that cause in the ram and is it worth it for just 400 mhz?

im not too sure, like i said im a big noob lol. I have my fsb at 250, and by setting the ram to ddr333 in bios, it actually runs at 208mhz now, which is pretty much what its meant to be at (its ddr400). I dont know if this affects the performance of the ram a lot, but it did allow me to get a better OC and overall its faster (i only really use it for cs:s anyway)

is it a dual core? set the affinity for cs:s to one cpu.

i have never heard of cpu overclocking making a game teleport you, sure it is not just lag ?

did you prime stable you overclock for at least 6 hours, min. 12 hours or more is best.

I did it for one hour. I don't see any ram options in my asus bios. How far should I attempt overclocking my cpu without changing ram settings? I have corasir value select. :p

Last edited:
Does anyone know how far I should push an overclock on 1:1 ratios? Also, I just lowered my temps by five degrees by redoing a faulty heatsink alignnment. :)

stainer711 said:
Does anyone know how far I should push an overclock on 1:1 ratios? Also, I just lowered my temps by five degrees by redoing a faulty heatsink alignnment. :)
You might try browsing through this thread: http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=391768

Also, I'm pretty sure your board has those OC settings - it's just a matter of finding them. Look for something like Jumper Free Configuration or CPU Configuration on the main menu. On the individual pages you often have to set some value to manual for other options to become visible ...

stainer711 said:
ASUS A8N-E Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 Ultra ATX AMD Motherboard

Well dont know if its the same motherboard, but the asus site says this-
The A8N-E has a no nonsense, all performance attitude. This motherboard is designed to take in AMD Socket 939 CPUs, PCI Express graphics cards SATA 2.0 devices, and dual-channel memories. On top of all these, ASUS has also offered AI NOS and Precision Tweaker for the users to crank up performance even more! If words like speed and power are relevant to you, then look no further, here it is - A8N-E.
Precision Tweaker is designed for serious overclockers. It offers ways to raise system performance inch-by-inch and step-by-step to achieve maximum performance! This is about getting the most out of your machine, and taking pride in your customized computer. Precision Tweaker provides overclocking options for all major parts of the system: CPU, Memory, PCI-Express, and Front Side Bus.
If this is the same board you have, sounds like you shouldnt have any problems.

Last edited:
Back