• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Worst Australian ADSL2 provider!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

[~LeNnY~]

Registered
hey guys,

i vote optusnet as the worst ADSL2 provider in Aus...possibly even the world. heres a few reasons why:

~average connection time before dropping out is 2mins 13seconds...

~average downtime during a dropout is 4mins 42seconds... so doing the math i am paying for a service which is down about twice as long as it is up.

~Number of Official customer complaints lodged since June 1st... 41

~Average time on hold waiting for tech support... ( i don't have an 'official average' that is call durations to optus don't appear on my phonebill... but i know the longest waiting time was 2hrs and 4minutes.

~Number of times tech support has been able to help... 0

~Number of times i have been verbally abused by tech support... 5 ( by abused i mean personal attacks name-calling and the use of profanity )

~Number of times the only advice i've recieved is "try turning your modem off and on again" ...42,980,324,146,578,923,410,987..... :bang head

yeh it sucks. a lot. i have taken days off work waiting for the "technician being sent to check your lines on-site"... 4 times i have been promised one. a gas guy showed up once and offered to take a look tho...

on a scale of 0-10... 0.5 when it is actually connected it's lightning quick. and the price is 'good' ( at least it would be if i was getting what i paid for )

i would be more then happy to try another provider with some actual customer support... and who can at least pretend they value me as a customer. ecept i'm never online long enough to find any!!!!!
so if anyone would like to tell me of an ISP they love i'd be glad to hear it!

:edit:
it took me 6 minutes to 'submit new thread' after typing it.

there are others but none match the downloads for the price...

as of yet i don't believe anyone else is offering ADSL2...

optus is the second biggest telecommunications company in australia, they've had optusnet up and going for maybe 10 years...?

no cable or any other feasable alternatives... :(

might just save up for T3... ;)

While the isp does sound very dodgy, I've noticed alot of ADSL2 problems are related to crappy modems, or problems with the firmware.

dropadrop said:
While the isp does sound very dodgy, I've noticed alot of ADSL2 problems are related to crappy modems, or problems with the firmware.

thats very true, and i understand that no new technology is going to work 100% from the get-go.

i am now on my 3rd "ADSL2 ready!" modem, and updated firmware with all them...

my biggest complaint is the customer service or lack-there-of... and it doesn't matter what your business is, whether you sell hillside mansions or ham sandwhiches, you don't attack your paying customers!! ...i mean really! :eh?:

this morning i got a call from them letting me know that they had tried lowering the speed of my service ( as i requested 6 weeks ago ) to see if the reduced noise will help stability. time will tell.

Back