• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Insanity on my screen! Bad Kyro II, bad!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Qualtran

My oh my, my, I've been seeing some weird things in IE lateley. Namely, weird lines, and messed up pages. It happens almost every time when i scroll, and i can usually get rid of it by minimizing then maximizing the window again. I have the Kyro II by Hercules, and it does everything else flawlessly. Any one have any idea what may be causing this? Here is an example:

My dad has a Dell with an old ATI card. It was doing something similar to that, but a driver update seems to have fixed it. That's all I know to do.

Solution: Odnload and use Opera :).....also if a driver update doesnt work change some settings in the bios like turning agp fastwrites off....

Hey Qualtran...did you start playing around with the refresh rate of your monitor under the desktop properties? I've seen the same problem before on work machines and it's when someone accidently changes the refresh rate of the monitor to a setting that it can't support.

Sometimes you can make you way through the lines and change the setting back to "auto" sometimes, you can't and you need to rebuild the machine.

Could be a different problem altogether but it sure looks the same!

its probably my ghetto 199 dollar 19' costco monitor, lol. oh well, at least i bought it from costco, so i can take it back whenever i want to

Qualtran said:
its probably my ghetto 199 dollar 19' costco monitor, lol. oh well, at least i bought it from costco, so i can take it back whenever i want to

you think thats ghetto? i got my 17" monitor for 40$ at a yard sale......how you like that....costco is a great score.....hmm i need some sugar, why dont i get me some candy nbars...wait ill get 200 for 10$...lol that place is the best....

funnyperson1 said:

you think thats ghetto? i got my 17" monitor for 40$ at a yard sale......how you like that....costco is a great score.....hmm i need some sugar, why dont i get me some candy nbars...wait ill get 200 for 10$...lol that place is the best....

haha, thats awesome!:D Their return policy is unbeatable too! If you ever need to back up a hard drive, you can, ummm, borrow one there, then return it the next time you visit for a full refund. At least thats what a few of my friends have done. I've even heard of people returning half a bag of apples and getting half their money back!

Back