• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Klipsch 5.1 ultras and headphones question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

madhatR

i have klipsch 5.1 ultras and i just recently bought a set of headphones for gaming with a mic .. to any people who have the 5.1 ultras u know the control box it comes with to adjust the volume .. etc ..

anyways are any of u running or know how to run headphones with a mic off that control box ?? all it has in the front of it is a jack for headphones and a jack for i dunno what .. it just has a music note or something ..

when i ran a headset before .. everytime i wanted to use the headset .. i have to disconnect the speakers from my sound card and connect the headset directly ..

there has to be an easier way

on the front of my case there is a jack for headphone and mic .. but i disconnected the connectors cuz all the cables for the front i/o panel took up alot of room

with my new headphones .. doesnt look like it will work .. cuz it needs all the ports on the sound card lol

cant just re-hook the front panel connectors? or you could build a junction box type thing, that disconnects the line plugged into the sound card and connects the mic and headpones, when plugged in.

four4875 said:
cant just re-hook the front panel connectors? or you could build a junction box type thing, that disconnects the line plugged into the sound card and connects the mic and headpones, when plugged in.

it would be a major PITA .. have to pull everything out and i dont know which wires did what lol

why not get the plantronics switch that lets you go between headset and speakers?

Back