• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Out with lenovo in with...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LiveSideways

Newegg :D

Our last batch of stuff from Lenovo was very unimpressive. The cases were really cheesy, the boards look like generic crap, and the whole overall feeling is just low build quality. So we used to only build about 25% of our machines in housed, but with the current prices of Pentium Ds we've decided to build them all here.

Moral of the story is I feel alot more comfortable having a rig with 120MM fans and as5 folding than I do some crappy lenovo. This is a batch of four I just finished cloning/assembling, all running two instances of f@h of course.

The setup on these is:

Asus P5LD2-VM
Pentium D 805
Kingston 2x512mb DDR2 667
Antec SLK-3000
WD800JD 80GB sata drives
FSP 450w power supplies.

I just ordered two more for a couple new asb workers, and you can bet they'll be folding too. God I love spending other people's money on newegg :D

My production should work its way up over the next couple of weeks as these get deployed. Fold on!

beafraid.jpg

LandShark said:
oh, yeah, it's nice to spend other people's money @ newegg and have it fold too!! :beer:

Haha, that's so true. :beer: Can't overclock the work computers though :(

I'm trying to convince our director that the sys admin and I need P5B/6600 setups to enhance productivity. We just got 3 DL-380s maxed out with 300GB drives for our SAN (4tb mmmmmmmmmm) so money is somewhat tight :(

dwschoon said:
AAR1 is in that case. I like it.
Can't really go wrong for $40, and they are 1100783283 times better than the generic ones we used before these. Putting the FSP psu in the generic one made it top heavy and it tended to tip over. Antec + FSP ftw.

Back