• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI x1900xt $274 after rebate

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yeah, if ya talking about the ATI (connect3D) card and the $100 rebate on the XT the company isnt shipping until today so zero chance of getting any more before the current rebate expires.

I am hoping that HIS comes out with a rebate soon on their X1900XT with the IceQ3 cooler. From all reports that cooler works better and more quietly than the standard cooling solutions everyone else seems to be using. That IceQ3 looks like some of the Arctic Cooling offerings, anyone know if its the same thing?

Looking at this card, but i also seen the x1800gto2 card for a bit cheaper.. was wondering which of the 2 would be the better choice? I looked up on tom's hardware to see some comparison results there seems to be a bigger difference at higher resolutions but at what i'd most likely be playing (1280x1024) there isnt much difference....

Just would like some other opinions :p

bohansen said:
Looking at this card, but i also seen the x1800gto2 card for a bit cheaper.. was wondering which of the 2 would be the better choice? I looked up on tom's hardware to see some comparison results there seems to be a bigger difference at higher resolutions but at what i'd most likely be playing (1280x1024) there isnt much difference....

Just would like some other opinions :p

at 1280x1024, I think you are better off with the cheaper x1800gto2. It will max out all games on the market at that resolution (except maybe Oblivion, which is poorly coded)

Couple things....

On the X1800GTO2 card I *think* it lacks the shader 3.0 but thats about it. On performance if it successfully flashes (which nobody seems certain of although it should) to a X1800XT bios and runs stable then you can use Tomshardware's interactive VGA chart. It seems that at stock XT speeds the 1800 should run around 10-14% slower than the X1900XT but beat by a fair margin an X1900GT and it basically ties the 7900GT for quite a bit less money not to mention having 256megs more memory ;)

Keep in mind it depends on a successful flash, and I sure wish someone would report in with success

alright i got this card but i was gone for a while and got back like a week ago and today when i went to check when that rebate ran out on newegg, the card wasnt there anymore o_O. anyone know when this rebate ran out/ or when it will run out, and if you can get me a link to the rebate please? 100$ sure would come in handy

*edit* NEVERMIND looked on some other sites for their $100 MIR form and just got it off of that. its the same form for all those stores :)

woot i got until the end of the month to submit it :D :beer:

Last edited:
bohansen said:
alright i got this card but i was gone for a while and got back like a week ago and today when i went to check when that rebate ran out on newegg, the card wasnt there anymore o_O. anyone know when this rebate ran out/ or when it will run out, and if you can get me a link to the rebate please? 100$ sure would come in handy

*edit* NEVERMIND looked on some other sites for their $100 MIR form and just got it off of that. its the same form for all those stores :)

woot i got until the end of the month to submit it :D :beer:

So can I buy any MSI x1900XT and send in the rebate?

Back