• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

razer soundcard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
pretty high SNR on that card, but I know for a fact that most high end audio (something like an audigy 2 ZS) is at least 108dB SNR not the 105 that they state. Also, they are saying it is 7.1, but how are they getting 7.1 channel audio out of two ports unless they are using either some kind of splitter or some kind of Proprietary port? I would rather take something similar to Creative's approach with their breakout box's over that. While I think it is good that there is possibly some competition to Creative (hey, look what competition does for the video card segment), I dont think that this in the long run will have too much of an effect against Creative's Soundblaster.

to me it seems like a gimmick and will remain relegated as such until a see a proper review.

To me it looks like they are putting a lot of bing in it and borrowing names from of other well known products like the seagate barracuda and artic coolings AC. I also love how technical specs are comming yet even without them they are inclined to boast about how it is awesome.

So quick to bash it, you have no idea what its going to be like, all I know is I have been a happy razer customer and am very happy with them as a company, I see no reason to doubt them until we see a review.

I wouldn't pay a huge lot of attention to the SNR figures ... they tend to be rather inflated "best case" figures much like G2G response times for LCDs. As long as it gets above ~90dB in real life you're almost certainly not going to hear it.

The rest of the stuff is mainly marketroid-speak: "expanded dynamic soundstage for gaming tuned frequencies", "optimized proprietary software drivers to provide for the prioritization of enhanced gaming audio signals" - neither of these even make sense. "Razer 3D (720°) Positional Gaming Audio Engine" = which version of EAX (if it's different than EAX, it's probably not gonna fly)? Or is it just marketroid speak for "we support positional audio (like every other soundcard)"? Essentially lots of hype, not much substance.

Not saying that it MUST be bad, but it's not off to a good start with a page like that ...

Back