• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

keyboard port effed up?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dz_jad

wtf. So I was playing counter strike. I move my keyboard closer, and it stops working. ok...reach back, to "plug it back in"...but it isnt unplugged. Pull it out, plug it in. Nothing. Do it again, the 3 lights (num lock, cap lock, scroll lock) blink for a split second, and then go off. Every time I plug in ANY keyboard, lights flash, then nothing. anyone have this problem before? know whats going on? because that really ****ed me off. Couldnt even exit CS, untill they kicked me from the server. I dont want to boot down, because it probably wont boot back up w/out keyboard...(and I'm running folding, dont want to loose the time). Any takers?

**edit: I think she's dead jim, gonna have to get a USB keyboard, if they have one in this town :-\

Last edited:
well im not sure but when i opened up my keyboard which you didn't the connectors connecting the keys to the usb werent making full contact with it, and i just reseated it and screwed all the screws back in and it worked, but not sure if that would help you. cause i doubt that would happen by moving it but maybe you could give it a try if nothing else works :)

thanks for the advice, but since it doesnt work with ANY keyboard, its not the board itself (and the board works on other computers).
thanks for trying, I've got a usb (vs the old PS2) now and it works fine

I would reboot. Your computer is not working anyway and most times odd stuff repairs itself with a reboot.

Back