• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overnight I broke into the 80%

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wizardloader

Went from 55WU's to 63 in a night with 2 machines. Got into Seti's top 80% group. Feels good. Sorry for my poor performance. Hope to have my farm soon

wizardloader said:
Went from 55WU's to 63 in a night with 2 machines. Got into Seti's top 80% group. Feels good. Sorry for my poor performance. Hope to have my farm soon

Congrats on the 80 percentile. 8 WU's in a nights work is not shabby. No need to apologize - just keep those WU's a coming. Your making a valuable contribution to the team.

lonewolf1983 said:
keep em coming
every WU counts
even my 3 WU's a day!!
:)

.5 WU's a day or 100+ WU's per day. Everyone on the team that is producing any WU's, are equally valuable. We are a team, everyone is equal in the eyes of the team and the great Seti God.

Keep those valuable WU's a coming - Crunch till it hurts.

8 a nights a great number, better than what I'm doing, and I've got more than 2 machines crunching...

congrats on the move to the top. I broke the 90% over the weekend but it's hard trying to keep it there. i've got three machines crunching now. so i'll be up there solid in a few days.

Thanks folks. I'm averaging 4hours 41 mins per wu. Strange since one machine has a 1.4@1606 doing 4 hour 18min per WU and a 1.2@ 1400 doing 5 hours per WU same mobo memory etc. Wierd

wizardloader said:

Poor Performance, Yeah Right!:) You crunch me out of the water, with 8 a night!

hehe, i don't use anything but a screensaver to run my SETI and only on a single machine and i am in the 76th percentile..........i started doing this for the science and apparently, everyone here does it just to see if they can lap the competition...........i guess my question is - how long have you been doing this?........i've been doing SETI since b/4 people started teaming up..............thought about joining the OC seti-team, but got busted down to "new member" status so think i'll keep my stats to myself...............

I too have been doing this for quite a while- long before I found this place.

As far as the "race" goes: its all in good fun, friendly competition kind of thing. The important thing is crunching the numbers, imho.

good line in sig btw.
Liked the books, didn't like either of the movies that well.

lee said:
i started doing this for the science and apparently, everyone here does it just to see if they can lap the competition...........i guess my question is - how long have you been doing this?........i've been doing SETI since b/4 people started teaming up..............thought about joining the OC seti-team, but got busted down to "new member" status so think i'll keep my stats to myself...............

No, not everyone here does it for the "prestige" of racing/winning. There are some, yes, but I think most of us took it up for the scientific benefit. The race is just a side note. We harp on it quite a bit, but it gets the WUs in faster, doesn't it? And that's why SETI went to a distributed program in the first place.

I don't know anything about your forum ranking or status, but if you want to join we would welcome you. And if you don't, we would still help with any S@H questions you have.

I had crunched for about a year before I came to the forums and then it was still another 6 months before I decided I was at home here and added my processing to the team pool. During those 6 months, everyone here helped with questions I had even though I was an "outsider". It's a nice community like that.

For reference, I came into the forums with less than 80 results returned. Thanks to the help here in the SETI forum and the rest I'm almost at 400 and still crunching.

Godfodda said:

For reference, I came into the forums with less than 80 results returned. Thanks to the help here in the SETI forum and the rest I'm almost at 400 and still crunching.

Same with me, I came into the forums in the middle of the summer running GUI on one machine and I recently broke 400. Even have my machine at work crunching whenever I'm not there.

deez said:

Same with me, I came into the forums in the middle of the summer running GUI on one machine and I recently broke 400. Even have my machine at work crunching whenever I'm not there.

I finally sent in #400 this morning. I noticed your post about being at 411 so I tracked you down on the list. 3 positions and 17 WU ahead of me (as of the latest Berkeley update). I'm gunning for you, but with your average CPU time, I think you'll be pulling away. :)

...until that new mobo comes in. Then I'll have my 866 online and maybe getting another 2-3 WU a day. I've set my sights on you. Look out! :D

No need to apologize - we're a TEAM and every single unit counts. Competition among us is healthy, but the collective is what counts. Congrats and crunch on.

Back