• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

KR7A-RAID Voltage Issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Capt_Andy

Registered
From what I've heard, the Abit KT motherboards have a build-in voltage-protection and other little nuisances that will not allow me to increase core voltage above 1.85 volts. I am wondering if the new Abit KR7A also has the voltage protection or anything else that would prevent me from overclocking, and, if it does, what is another good raid motherboard that I can get? Thanks!

someone correct me if i'm wrong but pretty much all mb's set the limit at 1.85 or lower. People get above 1.85 by doing voltage mods. The KR7A should be a great board but expensive. If you have the $$ go for it and make sure to keep us informed.

The overvolt protection comes in at 2.1V. I got my KT7A-RAID running my CPU at 1.93V & have been up to 1.95V w/o a voltmod. The rev. 1.1 were taken out of AMDs approved list of MoBos before for allowing this overvolt. Whatever you set in the BIOS had an automatic .1V+ added to it, confirmed in the BIOS. Voltmods done on leg/pin #7 of the voltage control chip would allow more voltage but is still limited to 2.1V but the work around to this was another mod to leg/pin #10 to fool the chip that it was not going over the predetermined threshold.

Back