• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What's up with active membership?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WarriorII

Moderator #666
What's up with active membership?

I was checking out the EOC site stats and it say we're down to 638 Active Folders.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Peeps are going back to school now, from what I understand, our membership should be going up.

Is the heat across the country really that bad?

I hate these 2 point digit WU's, they're killing our PPD.

I just started folding... heres what I have going so far.

E6600 @ 4ghz+
PD820 @ 3ghz
2200+ @ 1.78ghz

I hear ya !

but now after taking care of that dreaded vdrop via Mod.

I'm running that dreaded 4-oh.

3 ft of water at Tbird & I-17 ??? what's up with that?

I've been playing around with different overclocks, keeping me from F@H on my faster machines. The PIIIs are still folding, as little as that means. Can't borg any of my work computers unforunately :(

I suspect it is a bit early to see new members joining from the college cummunity ... if i remembers correctly :eek:, the first few weeks seem to involve a fair bit of :beer: orientation :D

And it also probably takes a while to get all those labs borged again :shrug:

benbaked said:
I've been playing around with different overclocks, keeping me from F@H on my faster machines. The PIIIs are still folding, as little as that means. Can't borg any of my work computers unforunately :(
while that would drop production, that wouldnt be the reason for a drop in active membership :shrug:

WarriorII said:
I hear ya !

but now after taking care of that dreaded vdrop via Mod.

I'm running that dreaded 4-oh.

3 ft of water at Tbird & I-17 ??? what's up with that?

Good to see you got the droop mod going. Is 4.0 the limit, or can you push it further? As for me, when the 805 rig got complete, my [email protected] came down so I could canibalize the Ultra 120 from it. I havent gotten around to hooking the stock hs on it so it can fold till I get another. I used to have a lot of rigs borged at work, but we had some network issues and I took FAH off before the powers that be could blame it for the problems.

is the limit for my 4300 memory. :-/

I have a cr@ppy pump so the temps suk too.

Loaded you can see, and when shut off it's good.

EDIT: ok, dropped volts down to 1.28 in bios & am running @ 1.39v actual. (55-56c)

Last edited:
WarriorII said:
is the limit for my 4300 memory. :-/

I have a cr@ppy pump so the temps suk too.

Loaded you can see, and when shut off it's good.

EDIT: ok, dropped volts down to 1.28 in bios & am running @ 1.39v actual. (55-56c)

Those temps are much better. stable?

I took mine all down due to electric usage (bill) during the summer months. I have rescently put four back on line and am playing around with linux on a fifth though it is not running fah at this time. Gotta get a handle on linux first. Will most likely bring the other five up in November when the electric rates drop again. Long and short is I have four back on line.

I just re-installed F@H and im wondering if there are any settings I need to play with since I've got a dual-core now. Before, with my s754 3400+, I just opened F@H and ran it. Is there anything I need to do to make it better with this dual-core? Thanks.

inkfx said:
I just re-installed F@H and im wondering if there are any settings I need to play with since I've got a dual-core now. Before, with my s754 3400+, I just opened F@H and ran it. Is there anything I need to do to make it better with this dual-core? Thanks.

With a dual core processor, it is necessary to run TWO instances of the client. If you run just one, only one core will be used, which limits your machine's folding potential to half what it is.

All you have to do is setup two separate directories with a no-nonsense text based client in each. Open each one and configure them to use your username and team number. On one of the clients, you must also set the machine ID to "2". In the initial client setup, when it asks you to change advanced options type yes. Keep hitting enter until it asks about machine ID. Set the second instance to machine ID 2. This keeps the clients from conflicting with each other. You only have to do that to one of the clients. The first one you setup can remain on ID 1.

~FA

Back