• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Generic Ram

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Drinkyoghurt

well i have 2 sticks of 512mb generic ram running in my pc..and with my oc(225 htt) it still holds well at the 225mhz on 2.5-3-3-3. now is it bad to let it run at these clocks/speeds? as they are rated to run 3-3-3-3 on 200mhz.

thnx

As long as you're stable, and the ram isn't corrupting data you'll be fine. You won't damage the ram or your system. A reinstall of Windows is probably the worst thing that'll happen.

At that speed there is probably very little difference in the cas settings as far as performance goes but may actually hinder itself because of it's SPD timings.7-3-3-3 or 7-3-3-2.5 may be faster then it's current settings.

Drinkyoghurt said:
i have to reinstall windows, but not cuz of the ram but because my maxtor hdd just doesnt want to work anymore(9 out of 10 times my comp gets a BSOD within 2 minutes)

Drink,

Do you have any volt mods on that board? Did you try running stock to see if you get BSOD?

Back