• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Adding 3rd monitor on this system?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Alianhead

Its a Abit AT8 Crossfire mobo and a X1600XT PCI-E graphics, I dont have any spare PCI slots left so I want to add a crappy X300SE to the other PCI-E slot and run the 3rd monitor of that, will this work or will they try to run in crossfire mode and go really slow?

I be grateful if someone can help as I would like to order the parts :)

i am no crossfire guru but i would stongly suspect that to enable crossfire you would need the dongle, a master card(still?) and to change settings in the CCC.
I think it should work but dont quote me.

aftermath said:
i am no crossfire guru but i would stongly suspect that to enable crossfire you would need the dongle, a master card(still?) and to change settings in the CCC.

I dont want to run them in Crossfire, I am asking if I can use two PCI-E cards in non Crossfire mode :)

aftermath said:

i still think it will work you would have to go to the length mentioned to make it do crossfire.

edit: now i understand it sounds like im excplaining crossfire (DOH)

yes you should get 3 screen displays just set the x300 as a tertary adapter and you will game on 1 still.

W00T! Cheers pal :)

BTW where do I set this tertary thingy? Bios or drivers?

Last edited:
ah sorry in the display properties in windows the screens will be labled as one 2 and three you can select extend to this display check box. i think that the most acceleration is provided on screen 1 for mpeg etc at least iv found stuttering with HD content on my secondary.

Back