• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New BF2 mod, have you guys heard of PoE2?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Arca_ex

Well, I just got a BF2 mod called Point of Existence 2. It's pretty good and it's not as buggy as BF2. The other forum I'm on (LanCamp.com) has a dedicated server running for it already.

Check out gameplay, weapons, vehicles and screenies here:
http://www.pointofexistence.com

Download it here, try and get it from the 1000Mbit/s line powered by Krypt.com:

http://www.gamershell.com/download_15208.shtmlbattlefield2

And here is a pretty good dedicated server, since it's pretty new we need people to go there and get it started a little:
LANCAMP.com..::pOE2::..AZ

Well tell me what you think, and if this has already been posted, my bad lol.

Smokie,
I played at your clans server tonight and had a decent ping. I'll probably start playing there more now since the server that I normally play at was shut down.

Burnout

thanks for playin our servers... check out the others if one of them happens to be down

we have servers in chicago and dallas, so everyone should be able to ping good at one or the other

got the file, installed the thing but when I get the exe going all it does is eat all my ram away and do nothing...anyone got an idea on how to fix that?

install worked fine but it now seem all I get is the splash screen and then nothing until e3.0001 eats up all my ram and then nothing for 10 min

A couple of the guys at my local PC shop said this was really good, can't wait to try it out. If it's less buggy than regular BF2, then the 1.4 patch for BF2 should make it pretty smooth.

This modification is simply AWESOME. In many aspects it is superior to battlefield 2 itself, the maps are more thought out and the CPs are more sparsely distributed which makes the game somewhat less campish. A lot of fighting can occur in "no mans land". There are actual forests and villages to fight in. A lot more detail has been put into the maps. The vehicles (naively speaking, of course) seem to handle more realistically to a degree and the equipment on them is more or less what you would expect from a modern vehicle.

Artillery functions in a completely different manner, as does AA. Jets do not seem to be as effective. Somebody has to be manning the artillery in order for you to be able to call in artillery. And they are paladins so the artillery is mobile. It kills everything in one direct hit but is rather fragile and difficult to aim. (i haven't had a spotter yet so i can't say how this works, assault and sniper kits can spot). There are several game modes but I haven't had a chance to play anything but conquest. Some of them sound extremely interesting.

There are no kit "upgrades" but there are bonus kits or just a switchable kit scattered throughout the map. Ammo loads are somewhat lower than in BF2 and it is quite easy to run out of ammunition.

I'd say more hard work has been put into the artwork for this free game than was actually put into bf2. The textures are comparable or better (you can see leaves fall off trees) and the terrain is more detailed and characterized (a lot of bf2 maps are rather unremarkable). Of course, all the people working on this project in any significant role will be offered good jobs at companies who need this kind of talent, so it isn't a complete mystery that so much good work and effort was put into it. It isn't completely polished yet but the gameplay as it stands now already eclipses battlefield 2 in many aspects.

SuperFarStucker said:
This modification is simply AWESOME. In many aspects it is superior to battlefield 2 itself, the maps are more thought out and the CPs are more sparsely distributed which makes the game somewhat less campish. A lot of fighting can occur in "no mans land". There are actual forests and villages to fight in. A lot more detail has been put into the maps. The vehicles (naively speaking, of course) seem to handle more realistically to a degree and the equipment on them is more or less what you would expect from a modern vehicle.

Artillery functions in a completely different manner, as does AA. Jets do not seem to be as effective. Somebody has to be manning the artillery in order for you to be able to call in artillery. And they are paladins so the artillery is mobile. It kills everything in one direct hit but is rather fragile and difficult to aim. (i haven't had a spotter yet so i can't say how this works, assault and sniper kits can spot). There are several game modes but I haven't had a chance to play anything but conquest. Some of them sound extremely interesting.

There are no kit "upgrades" but there are bonus kits or just a switchable kit scattered throughout the map. Ammo loads are somewhat lower than in BF2 and it is quite easy to run out of ammunition.

I'd say more hard work has been put into the artwork for this free game than was actually put into bf2. The textures are comparable or better (you can see leaves fall off trees) and the terrain is more detailed and characterized (a lot of bf2 maps are rather unremarkable). Of course, all the people working on this project in any significant role will be offered good jobs at companies who need this kind of talent, so it isn't a complete mystery that so much good work and effort was put into it. It isn't completely polished yet but the gameplay as it stands now already eclipses battlefield 2 in many aspects.

Downloading and trying because of your awesome review. Thanks man

cant rememner the map i was playing but there is a freakin huge sniper rifle in one of the buildings, ill play tonight and get a screenie of the rifle. its freakin awesome! This mod ROCKs

liftedcj7on44s said:
cant rememner the map i was playing but there is a freakin huge sniper rifle in one of the buildings, ill play tonight and get a screenie of the rifle. its freakin awesome! This mod ROCKs

This mod DOES rock! I bought BF2 when it first came out, but I stopped playing literally a week later because I just couldn't stand it. Decided to try this mod and it has been pretty good so far. It is the first release as far as I am aware, so there are a few tweaks that they need to do, but overall it is quite good! As for that huge sniper rifle, that is the Anti material rifle (spelled differently in game) which based on its name I would think is designed for like anti-light vehicle usage, but yeah, it is mostly used as a sniper rifle hehe.

ok see if this works, this rifle is on all levels among some other "hidden" weapons
my.php

just click the link

liftedcj7on44s said:
ok see if this works, this rifle is on all levels among some other "hidden" weapons
my.php

just click the link
Isn't that the .50 cal sniper thats in the original game....just possibly lengthened and with added detail?

M82 ^ With some letter on the end like M82A I could not tell you from the pic, but yeah. Its a 50.cal semi auto sniper with a 10x scope. Can use like depleted uranium shells and all that good stuff.

They had a POE mod for BF1 . It was a good mod . Looks like I'll try the ver 2 .

I'll try your server also ! Thx Arca_ex ;)

Back