• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ANTAZONE Chipset and GPU sinks, wth!?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
hotrod469 said:
They look nice, I wonder how good they work.
The third looks like a small ZALMAN CNPS9500
yea the n1000 NB sink does..

the n1000 and vs-1000 are both passive but both looks easy to zip tie a fan on to it

btw im looking to buy a new vga heatsink besides the vf-900 and i wonder how this preforms, i may bite on to this because of my curiosity, the only gripe i have with it is that its not all copper and the heat pipes are not solder together but not soldering the heatpipes makes it universal which i can understand.. sort of.
i may get the as-v1000 and zip tie a 80mm fan on to it and posting my results unless if someone can convince me the vf-900 can do better

IKIKUINTHENUTZ said:
the n1000 and vs-1000 are both passive but both looks easy to zip tie a fan on to it

btw im looking to buy a new vga heatsink besides the vf-900 and i wonder how this preforms, i may bite on to this because of my curiosity, the only gripe i have with it is that its not all copper and the heat pipes are not solder together but not soldering the heatpipes makes it universal which i can understand.. sort of.
i may get the as-v1000 and zip tie a 80mm fan on to it and posting my results unless if someone can convince me the vf-900 can do better
yea about the heatpipes, use some thermal compound where the heatpipe make contact just like the hs to a cpu. i shouldnt take much, small bb sized down the line with even spacing.

Does look very interesting indeed, although first I need a good cpu cooler. I wish I could get my Water stuff out of storage, but I owe $500 on my dtorage fee's so I may wind up loosing them altogether....maybe I can buy my own stuff back at the auction!

http://www.overclockers.com/articles1352/ theres a review on their cpu cooler but it didnt preform that great

www.antazone.com their website and looks like they want to do cases and power supplies soon

ok i am going to buy one of their vga coolers and post my results, should i get the as-v1000 and post both passive and ziptied fan results or should i spend a bit more to test their as-v1100 but it already includes a fan which means means I cant test it passive

too late i got the v1000 because ill get better results from a bigger fan ziptied to it with more airflow

Their cpu cooler looks like its very close to copyright infringement on the zalman 9500 series. If they were selling alot of them I bet zalman would be up their butts. The do look like nice coolers though. Be sure to tell us hou it works out for you.

Nandro said:
Their cpu cooler looks like its very close to copyright infringement on the zalman 9500 series. If they were selling alot of them I bet zalman would be up their butts. The do look like nice coolers though. Be sure to tell us hou it works out for you.
then i would expect Thermalright to sue thermaltake for the xp-120/si-128 look alike BT. o btw thats a chipset sink not cpu cooler.

Personally I think the lawyers would cost more than their profits and aloy of those countrys dont have VR laws anyway. Just looks very close design wise to a somewhat unique product.

Usually when you try to sue a Chinese manufacturer for copyright infringement they all of a sudden go out of business and come back with a new name. Its not worth bothering.

while i was testing the cooler, the unfortunate happened and i think my psu failed thus also taking my brand new 7900gs down with it, i was about to post my results too!!

now im using my dell and tomorrow im going to see if anything happened to my hard drive. if my hard drive is fine, i will post the info i gathered

Hey, I was looking at the gpu cooler. Isn't the base aluminum, and not copper?

I'm thinking of trying one out. I want to see at least a few reviews of this performing better than an aftermarket solution.

I'm running a 1900xtx btw.

posrx7 said:
Hey, I was looking at the gpu cooler. Isn't the base aluminum, and not copper?

I'm thinking of trying one out. I want to see at least a few reviews of this performing better than an aftermarket solution.

I'm running a 1900xtx btw.
better unit is the vf-900, i wounldnt consider their GPU cooler as a threat to anything zalaman has or puts out. The GPU cooler might out do the vf-700 but thats a tough call. Yes the base of the cooler is ALU with the heatpipes and fins being Copper.

Evilsizer said:
better unit is the vf-900, i wounldnt consider their GPU cooler as a threat to anything zalaman has or puts out. The GPU cooler might out do the vf-700 but thats a tough call. Yes the base of the cooler is ALU with the heatpipes and fins being Copper.

Yeah, I'm already running the zalman. Was hoping this would be better, as it seems a lot larger. Its too bad they didn't make it as a all copper or mostly copper gpu cooler, except for the flat aluminum heatsink. I'd pay a lot more than their $30 asking price for a top of the line cooler.

Zalman seems to have a lot of trouble dissipating the heat. In artifact scanning in atitool, I put my hand on the zalman, and can just feel it heating up very fast. Just seems that their gpu cooler is too small and not designed to cope with something like the 1900.

I had to drop the voltage to 1.40 core to control the heat under load. Think my temps are around 47C idle, 72 load. Clocks are 650/800

BTW I have very good airflow. 3 70mm tray fans blowing straight up at the card (horizontal below card). 2 70mm fans exhausting away from the heatsink (vertical in front of gpu cooler).

posrx7 said:
Yeah, I'm already running the zalman. Was hoping this would be better, as it seems a lot larger. Its too bad they didn't make it as a all copper or mostly copper gpu cooler, except for the flat aluminum heatsink. I'd pay a lot more than their $30 asking price for a top of the line cooler.

Zalman seems to have a lot of trouble dissipating the heat. In artifact scanning in atitool, I put my hand on the zalman, and can just feel it heating up very fast. Just seems that their gpu cooler is too small and not designed to cope with something like the 1900.

I had to drop the voltage to 1.40 core to control the heat under load. Think my temps are around 47C idle, 72 load. Clocks are 650/800

BTW I have very good airflow. 3 70mm tray fans blowing straight up at the card (horizontal below card). 2 70mm fans exhausting away from the heatsink (vertical in front of gpu cooler).
which gpu cooler from zalman and is your case inverted atx or non-inverted. keep in mind that if you are infact using the vf-900 that since it is a heatpipe. that for correct usage the cooler should be in a inverted atx/Btx case. Has the liquid inside needs to be on the heatsouce not at the edge of where the vapor should be to cool back to liquid.

they look like those tornado air intake things for cars only copper.

i think they look cool. someone get one of each and review them.

Usually when you try to sue a Chinese manufacturer for copyright infringement they all of a sudden go out of business and come back with a new name. Its not worth bothering.

I didnt even think our copyright laws stood over there I know in places like taiwan and singapore they have them, but they don't cover things to the extent they do in the USA, like Apple copyrighting the word Pod...gets kind of rediculos.

Back