• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Frustrating Porblem with my Moniter, Please Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Creepin_D

Registered
First off I own a Dell Trinitron P1110 22" Moniter. Last nite I pressed a very small button thats on front of the moniter and now everytime I opens a window my whole desktop gets bigger on its own. I'll give yee an example. Right now when I got IE open typing this msg my Start button is half out of site and so is everything else thats on the edge of my moniter. But if minamized this window my deskstop will go back to the way it should be. I'm after lookin in the montier menu for the factroy defualt option but i can't seem to find it. Has anyone have this problem before and if so how can i fix it, its really getting on my nerves. Thanks :)

You should be able to to open the monitor's menu and adjust or fine tune your display. There should be numerous options to decrease/increase picture size, placement, distortion, degauss, etc. Make sure your resolution is as you prefer as each resolution will require some tweaking to get it right.

Of the 4 p1110's I have only one had this problem, every time i maximixed a window the screen "exploded" and then shrunk back down.

Pretty much you just lower the monitor dimensions to whatever looks neat.

cool, thanks guyz, i pretty much got it where i like it. One question though what the hell is degauss??? I seen the option there but didn't fool with it. Whats the purpose of it?? Thanks

In layman's terms, as that's all I am, the particles inside a CRT will over time pick up a static charge that could lead to distortion in the display. "Degaussing" discharges this built up charge. Maybe run once a month if at all. Most CRTmonitors go their whole life time without being 'degaussed'. I had a Sony CDP400 and I used to degauss monthly.

ok since i am using the same monitor press menu
go to the bottom selection which is option and press the menu button again, then so up to the top of that menu and theres a U wioth a bar going through it, thats deguass select it and press -> and it'll wig out and be fine

i did have a few questions about your guy's p1110's though, does it seem excessivly bright or do they get blurry and then click and get sharp?

hey Niku-Sama, i find my moniter blurry pretty much all the time now, and my videos in windows media player and now black and white, but when i play them with divx they work fine. I got a bud with a 20" lcd forsale, i might get that and sell what i got.

Back