• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SLI-DR to Expert question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

torin3

I know that if the chipsets are the same, or reasonably similar between motherboards you can swap them out with a reasonable expectation of it working without having to reinstall the OS.

Is that the case with the non-UT SLI-DR and the UT SLI-DR Expert?

Also, if it is not the case, would this be a good time to switch between XP-Pro and XP-Pro-64bit?

If you're running RAID iirc you have to reinstall the OS when switching from SLI-DR to Expert, but if not the I guess you can switch it without doing a reinstall. As for the XP x64, that depends to you, I don't see much benefit from it and iirc games run a bit slower on the x64 platform.

Well, not only did it work out, it is the first time with a nF4 board that I've made a change where everything worked out the first time. :beer: I've got another drive that I'll install XP64 on and see how I like it. If I do, I'll keep it, if not I'll clone my current XP over it as a backup.

Whoo-hoo!! Currently running at 2747, and I haven't maxed out yet. 305x9 and memory is running at DDR500.

Back