• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

longest ever had computer on??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nobluo

zatrix sparked an interesting question on my mind. i know there was a thread he did about leaving his computer on for long periods of time.

this leads me to wonder...

1--whats the longest you've ever gone without turning off your computer of even putting it on "sleep" mode??

2--whats the longest time you've ever spent playing a game on your pc?

Longest running time: at least 3 weeks, then the power went out :(

Longest playing time: 13-14 hours, then the power went out :(

I install/uninstall and change settings alot so I reboot at least once a day. Probably longest maybe a month for my old dell, probably 3 days for my new computer. Longest playing a game, like 5 hours, I cant game very long without a little break in between.

Well my PC at work has been up for 25 days now that I checked. Can't really remember why I rebooted, might have been an issue like a patch or something.

For home it gets long as I only reboot for power outages (not my choice) or changes. So that is maybe once a month for Windows updates, if needed. Occascionally I will install new software or hardware, but not all that much. I would guess it can easily be a month or more.

the longest my lounge room media centre/server pc has been on four is something like 4,200 hrs, or around 6 months, then my girlf friend rebooted it so she could play sims II on it after the install.

i was so ****ed because i swear to god, that night i had intended to screen shot how long this XP pro box had been on for without crashing, or any issues. and this rig is a constant downloader, file server, tv and music box.

currently its around the 2.5 month mark on up time, i will post a screenie when i get home, not much to brag about now though :( bloody women!

The longest ive had my current computer on is only ~20 hours (i keep it in my room and it has lots of little flashy lights so i dont leave it on at night)
longest gaming- 14 hours (i consider this a miracle since it was at a BF2 lan in an armory in the middle of july and no A/C. room temperature was about 105 degrees and I was still using stock cooling)

I have a Power Mac G4 database server at work that has run for at least six months at a time without reboots (finally had to for system updates).

Other then that I've run my 90w Dells and Vaio for up to several months at a time folding. I usually keep my Athlon systems on for weeks at a time until I restart them for an update, or to change an overclock, whatever.

Code:
bash-2.03$ uname -a
SunOS deneb 5.8 Generic_108528-22 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-80
bash-2.03$ uptime                                                              
  2:05pm  up 1069 day(s), 21:55,  13 users,  load average: 1.34, 1.72, 1.59

Probably 2 or 3 months w/out having to reboot, or shut it off.

Longest playing on the PC is probably like 5 hours, on console that's a different story......

i had a old compaq pent 133 laptop i turned on once out in the shed and forgot about. it ran 99 days and something hours before i found it again (i was away at school and no one else seem to notice). it didn't do anything of course, but it was on.

it ran windows 2000.

Slightly over 1 month while I was visiting some friends, left it on so Mandrake could download on my 56k connection. Windows XP Pro SP1

Game would be WoW, around 17 hours. Windows XP Pro SP2

My systems only get shut down during long power outages or for maintanance. My home built UPS on my server lasts for 2+ hours so it takes a good outage, actually the battery has never drained so I don't know how long it would last. So basically my systems stay on months on end.

I'm not really a gamer, 2 hours constant maybe, I get bored easily and just can't sit still that long.

Back