• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A little help with my first WC setup!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vivi The Mage

I was wondering if this case would fit a watercooling setup?

I also will be slapping a Gigabyte DS3, E6400, 7900GT.

With those needing to be cooled what should I get for a 100-150$ WC setup?

I have NEVER done water cooling but have allways been intrigued by it, I also love the colors of the water running through the setup.

I do plan on overclocked the machine pretty high and I have heard that northbridge on the DS3 can get painstaking HOT so I want a northbridge cooloer, CPU cooler, GPU cooler. I read that begineers guide to watercooling but was wondering what are some DO's and DONT's of setting it up for the first time.

also, pick me out some parts, haha. I would like it pretty quiet 25 DBA or less.

I would get a kit if I had to (I have heard mixed things about kits).

first off :welcome: to the forums.
That case is a little small for all the components that you want to put in it.

You will probably want to pick up a full size tower to fit evrything in it something like a stacker, or a gigabyte aurora.

100-150 wont be able to get you a full cooling setup for your gpu, chipset and cpu.

OniKoroshi said:
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=470095
I went by this pretty much. Do some more searching and I'm sure you'll find more than what you need. Its just good general forum etiquette.

As for the case, I'd get something a little bigger but you could probably get away with it if you were careful in designing.
someone has a kit for about 100$ and this is for just the CPU and im sure you can get a gpu cooler for 40-$~~ thats less then 150! would his setup work? are there some other parts that would perform better then what he has saying they are a couple bucks more?

from reading the guide post up top that is stickied...how does this build look?

block MCW 6002
DD Maze 4
Silverprop Fusion block
Eheim 1250
’86 Chevette radiator
ClearFlex 60 tubing
12 dollar shrouds from dangerdan
120MM x2 for some good airflow/quietness
steel worm drive clamps

what am I missing? would that gpu/chipset/cpu all work on my DS3/7900GT/E6400 ?? thing that would matter most...would it fit in my case? o_O

Last edited:
The blocks alone are going to be ~$150. If you're cooling that much get a bigger case. The bigger the case the easier its going to be for you. If you have a lot of heat you need a good, efficient radiator, which either means long or thick which means if you get a long radiator its not going to fit in your case. If you get a thick radiator you're going to need stronger fans = louder.

7900's are suppose to run a lot cooler then other vid cards. Not sure what your budget is, but if you wanted quiet. I'd go with:

MCR220 (I'd suggest single, but you'll probably want to add a GPU block later on): $40 @ svc
Pump: MCP 355 @ svc
CPU Block: Dangerden DDX - $55 @ svc (even comes with free res)
Res: Swiftech Microres1000 - $20

Back