• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

poor guy stuck in the past with bad ram.. suggestions?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kamel

alright, everyone seems to have DDR2 now, so finding replacement performance ram for my aging 32 bit system has seemed to be quite a chore. when i was caught up with times last the best ram going was TCCD. do they still sell this? any suggestions on a particular unit?

as always, the cheaper the better, but i must have regular DDR ram that can do 250mhz somehow. good timings are always great, but it's important i can get 250mhz out of it.

supplying the ram with active cooling is no problem. my mobo can supply 3.3 volts, but i try not to go past 3.2 since 3.3 is straight off of the rail and not regulated by the motherboard.

any suggestions would be very very very much so appreciated.

Kamel said:
alright, everyone seems to have DDR2 now, so finding replacement performance ram for my aging 32 bit system has seemed to be quite a chore. when i was caught up with times last the best ram going was TCCD. do they still sell this? any suggestions on a particular unit?

as always, the cheaper the better, but i must have regular DDR ram that can do 250mhz somehow. good timings are always great, but it's important i can get 250mhz out of it.

supplying the ram with active cooling is no problem. my mobo can supply 3.3 volts, but i try not to go past 3.2 since 3.3 is straight off of the rail and not regulated by the motherboard.

any suggestions would be very very very much so appreciated.

Kamel,

Look at these:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820220033

They are rated at PC3200 to PC4200 if you can give them enough vdimm which obviously you can. As of April this year they were still TCCD.

RollingThunder said:
Kamel,

Look at these:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820220033

They are rated at PC3200 to PC4200 if you can give them enough vdimm which obviously you can. As of April this year they were still TCCD.

since i'm going to be buying ram i might as well use that as an excuse to upgrade >:]

you believe the 2x1gb version is the same ram, or should i stick with the trusty 512x2?

and thanks for the pm madman, i'll definitely consider :)

Kamel said:
since i'm going to be buying ram i might as well use that as an excuse to upgrade >:]

you believe the 2x1gb version is the same ram, or should i stick with the trusty 512x2?

and thanks for the pm madman, i'll definitely consider :)

Kamel,

Don't quote me but I think these Patriots XBLKs only come in 2x512 kits at these timings and PC ratings. At least NewEgg doesn't show XBLKs higher than 2x512 kits. They don't have stickers on them anymore that state PC3200 to PC4200 but they still are. I had sticks of each label very recently.

Back