• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Am I just paranoid? (bleeding)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OniKoroshi

So first I have a via aqua 1800 pump with the impeller mod with a WW block, maze 4, and BIP II. The outlet on my radiator is facing down and I have an air bubble in front of the outlet about the size of a 4 pennies stacked up. Its moves up and down but doesnt get pushed to the T-line to bleed out. A small stream of water is coming through the radiator but this big air bubble isnt getting out. It was much larger before but most of it went away with a little shaking and moving of the case. For some reason Im thinking that the pump isnt strong enough to push the rest of the air out. Am I just being paranoid? Or will this bubble eventually go away. I left it on all night and its still there. The specs on the pump were fairly good so perhaps I did someone wrong when I did the impeller mod.

turn the case upside down while the pump is running. The bubble will rise to the bottome of the case and probably get sucket into the pump again where it will make fizz which will work it's way out... or if you are lucky the T will catch the bubble and run it out.

Immortal_Hero said:
turn the case upside down while the pump is running. The bubble will rise to the bottome of the case and probably get sucket into the pump again where it will make fizz which will work it's way out... or if you are lucky the T will catch the bubble and run it out.

just make sure nothing else is on except the pump... shaking hard drives while they are active = bad

Nothing is powered. The pump is individually 12v powered. So are these big bubbles being trapped common and not a sign of an underpowered pump?

Yeah just tilt the case a little until the bubble can move. You'll probably knock a few other bubbles out of the radiator with that as well.

They just get stuck sometimes

OniKoroshi said:
Nothing is powered. The pump is individually 12v powered. So are these big bubbles being trapped common and not a sign of an underpowered pump?
Not necessarily underpowered but not real powerful either. My TT pump would do this and make large bubbles. My Swifty pump that I have now breakes the larger bubbles up into foam that takes forever to bleed out. Cleared up after 10 hours last night. Whats the flow rate on the pump? Trust me those big bubbles are easy to get out... just do some rotating of the case.

when i get that i just pinch the lin for a sec. right behind the bubble and it moves right on out. worked every time for me.

480 gph and 6ft max head.
Most of the bubbles the pump ate up and turned into little bubbles but its just this last one big bubble. Its at the end of the loop, after the radiator so I figure thats where the biggest pressure drop is going to be so thats why it wouldnt go away. Ill flip the case around when I get home tonight.

I was just getting worried that this pump wasn't moving enough water because this bubble wouldnt go away. Thanks for the tips guys.

Back