• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DS3 board & E6400 wont boot to cd?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vivi The Mage

I cant boot the dang thing to CD!

I have a 320gig seagate on the SATA and the IDE cable is connected to my LITEON DVDRW drive and it wont boot to CD...even when I tell bios to.

I have F4e version of this board. I cant get to the F12 options either, or the F9 when it boots, just the DEL into bios...should this be a problem?

I also have tried two other CDs and 2 other IDE drives....all were detected in bios, whats the deal? :(

It gets passed bios and all I see is a blinking line...

Last edited:
I found out what it was...after you upgrade, make sure to do RESET DEFAULT OPTIONS (optimized or fail safe).

Vivi The Mage said:
I found out what it was...after you upgrade, make sure to do RESET DEFAULT OPTIONS (optimized or fail safe).

Yeah it tells you that in big bold letters on Gigabytes website... and @BioS tells you that as well... and I'm telling you if you need another push :) :beer:

rainless said:
Yeah it tells you that in big bold letters on Gigabytes website... and @Bios tells you that as well... and I'm telling you if you need another push :) :beer:

I know, I did happen to read it :).

I did that too, but I Went from F3 bios to F4, to F4E , to F5 and on F5 I must have forgot...oh well im happy :)

Back