• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Post your Intel TAT 100% Workload temps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rainless

Old Member
So I'm still running 450FSB at 43c idle... but when I put the Intel Thermal Analysis tool up to 100% Workload the temps shoot up to around 66c-67c. Should I be worried about this? Amazing that it would jump up 20c at the drop of a hat (or in this case, the click of a button). Not sure whether I should raise or lower my volts at this point...

100% Orthos after 3 Hours

attachment.php

Attachments

• TAT.jpg
    TAT.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 3,795
440fsb4vcoreocft3.jpg

That's running prime95 on each core. If i use the TAT workload option, that adds another 7-10 degrees or so. No idea how TAT gets the temps so high, but it doesn't concern me too much as not even the most intensive games I play get my temps as high as running prime95 does.

*edit* cooling is swifttech D5, apogee, mcp220 rad, mcw60 gpu block.

*edit 2* Temps in pic above are a little lower than actual. After a few hours it stabilizes at 40-41 idle, 51-52 uder load, 57-58 with TAT workload. Still higher than I'd like, but I'm not sure if this is normal or if something isn't right with my setup. Going to try re-mounting the apogee again, as when I re-mounted it yesterday it didn't look like the thermal compound was spread evenly on apogee, indicating a not so perfect mount. Temps didn't change after that, so gonna try again... and again... and again before I try some other options.

Last edited:
Well that's all the proof I needed. I'm going back down to stock until I can identify the problem. Damn shame too... I'm thinking it's probably the RAM. I'll try dropping back down to 400FSB and seeing if that helps. Anybody else have any suggestions?

Edit: Well THAT could explain it... Damned fan fell off the Northbridge!

Attachments

• unstable.JPG
    unstable.JPG
    181 KB · Views: 2,483
Last edited:
Vengance_01 said:
Klumsy what bios are you using with your bad axe, and what memory ratio are you using in the with the 1333 strap?

1334 bios.

Running memory at 533... that's all I know. I'm a little confused when it comes to memory settings in general, reading up on it now to try to figure exactly how everythign works.... :bang head :bang head :bang head

My CPU gets very hot at FSB 440 (almost 70 C), hence I have backed down to FSB 400. CPU Priority set to high and affinities set to single cores respectively.

32ghzdualp95stablefq1.jpg

Rainless, what heatsink are you running? I am running an xp-90 with the Zalman fan. Both the heatsink and the processor are lapped. E6300 at 3.15Ghz on 1.42v is getting 48-50c on one core and 51-53c on the other. I did find however after lapping that the temps were in the high 50s and low 60s though discovered that one edge of the xp-90 was resting on the caps. Rotated 90 degrees and temps fell to the above. Bios is 4.

All temps per TAT. CPUs folding 24/7 at 100%.

I'm getting my E6700 today (in about 4 hours). I got a chip that runs particularly hot, but it's handpicked. My XP120 is going to get raped by this thing lol, regardless what fan I'm running.

Dude, back it off a little. You dont want to kill that thing just yet do you :p Check your vcore too, you might be giving it too much. Try to find a more balanced FSB/VCore.

Heres mine after 14H of orthos. VCore on auto.

Attachments

• 14H-TAT.jpg
    14H-TAT.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 2,382
I just switched from PoS stock cooler to H20 and temps are down by 26-28C. :eek: Back into keep the hardware alive temps woo.

dq6-8k-32.JPG

greenmaji said:
@fhpchris.. your temps go up 9C from dual 1Mpi to 32Mpi, how does it hold up to Orthos or dual Prime 95?

I have the same question. I think I was doing 53 in SuperPi but I was doing 63 in orthos. I think if you can do a few hours of Orthos, your machine is STABLE.

Could anyone verify whether there are any different result or temp trend on those TAT, CPUTemp or Asus Probe reading result with the CPU feature PECI turned ON vs OFF ? Also at idle or loaded in "same" ambient temp ?

Edit : This PECI cpu control can be toggled in the BIOS at the CPU section.

Last edited:
I bet $10 million that ALL your computers would reboot if you enabled the TAT workload stress test. :)

Here is a suicide at 3.52 GHz. Note the super sad Pi time. I think this is because the chipset timings have been greatly relaxed or because the CPU is throtlling. RAM is on AUTO settings, but note the timings being selected and tell me if you notice anything interesting? :)

35ghzeu6.jpg

Rattle said:
mine doesnt reboot but it does run hotter than orthos does

mine doesnt reboot too, and yeah its hotter that orthos. Does anyone know how TAT stresses the CPU? is it just like orthos and prime?

Back