• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Disappearing Cursor

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

puremanb

My pointer seems to turn invisible after like 10 seconds on inactivity in a webpage. Ive tried to search for it but havent been able to come up with anything except turn off "Hide pointer when typing" Which is already off.

So Ocforums rescue me from this annoying crap.
Thanks

Last edited:
Ahh yes, Ive run all those. It seems to go away after like 7 seconds everysingle time its never a different amount of time and its only while im idle with a browser open.

My cursor does that but that's because I've set it up that way using Stardock's CursorXP. Try to remember what you did before this started to happen and check for any malicious software.

I have not done anything recently that I can think of mabye I just didnt notice it before but its really annoying, I also run spywware checks often.

I think I'm out of ideas for the moment. I recomment you try fiddling with various settings, maybe something will happen, you never know with Windows.
About 3 months ago my mouse wheel simply stopped working for no reason. I restarted a million times, reset my mouse's power, I reinstalled the drivers, checked for viruses, ... I wasted a full hour trying to get it working to no avail. Just before I decided to plug my mouse into another computer to see if my wheen even physically works I tried changing the "When you scroll your wheel for a notch, scroll for this many lines at a time" setting to something else and then back to my desired value again. Voila - wheel magically started working. Now how is Microsoft going to explain this?

Just keep trying, you'll fix it sooner or later. :)

Back