• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Shipping a laptop

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vito

I sold my lappy and need to ship it out.
I dont have the original boxing.

What's a good and safe way to pack this puppy up?

Buy a BIG box and put some soft, fluffy things around it. The more, the better. Make sure it doesn't have any space to move inside.

Krogen said:
Buy a BIG box and put some soft, fluffy things around it. The more, the better. Make sure it doesn't have any space to move inside.

I dont think thats a good idea.
Big box and small heavy item floating around means it will end up along the box's edge and potential damage.

It somehow needs to remain motionless inside the box. Think I'll take some styrofoam blocks and tape them to the plastic wrapped laptop. Custom fit this all into a box.
Just like how new TV's and monitors are packed in their boxes.
Then fill the surrounding area with the foam pellets.

i bought bubble wrap (big bubbles not the small :D ) .. wrapped it around my lappy a few times...taped it up good... then i also taped styrofoam chunks to it too.. one on top, bottom, and sides... crumpled up newspaper and filled in the gaps in the box (kinda tight packing with the newspaper) ...

my friend that i sent it too was giving me a hard time about how well i was gonna pack it for him ... i told him he could drop it out of a 5 story building and it would still be in perfect condition..

well he dropped it 2 stories from his work window.

LOL !!!! it broke !!! ROFL :D

anyways ...lol.... pack it snug with core cushion.. and do not tell him to drop it out of a window... not a good idea... luckily it was an old lappy..

but it should be fine... although i hear ups and fed-ex polocies are changing... they will be aloud to kick it and throw it up to 4 times instead of 2 now :D :D :D :D :D

Xtreme Barton said:
but it should be fine... although i hear ups and fed-ex polocies are changing... they will be aloud to kick it and throw it up to 4 times instead of 2 now :D :D :D :D :D

FYI if you are caught throwing a package at UPS thats immediate grounds for termination... :D:D

Back