• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pencil mods

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

meionm

So recently I pencil mod vdroop on my asus p5b deluxe. I know this not the best way to do but it is the easiest. I wondering what the best way to preserve that mod for longer time so it won't degrade. I was thing about applying something over it, like small piece of tape. Any ideas?

what if that yields too low of a resistance, or the pencil mod happens to be across a resistor and not between a couple pins?

i really dont know how you can proect it without affectin the resistance, i would try on some old pcb, pencil a resistor, change and note it's resistance, then try covering it with various stuff like glue and tape, see if they affect the mod.

You could use RTV silicone. Thats what I used to protect my volt mod on my X800GTO. It works really well. I used solder but it will work for pencil also.

Back