• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New version of fah. 2.15 is out.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

thefly

A new version is out! Hopefully this one fixes the client downloading new wus every time you stop the client to reboot.

Damn that's annoying.

Do they post a doc that explains what fixes they made for each version???

what's new with 2.15?

hmmm That problem was fixed for me with the 2.12 update! I wonder why ppl are still having problems with it?

it does fix that but,you dont get any credit for completing work units.i am about ready to give this up.

shadowdr said:
it does fix that but,you dont get any credit for completing work units.i am about ready to give this up.

I dont think anyone has gotten credit for completed work units since the last update on the 21st. Well atleast I hope its from the holiday weekend , its kind of weird though wouldnt the server update on its own???

if you check all the stats you will see that some are getting credit by the green arrows

If you're not getting credit then there are only a couple of places to look.
- There could be a corrupt WU that is causing a problem or...

Check the client.cfg and make sure your name and the team number are in there. Also make sure that there is an ID number.
It's possible to manually edit the client.cfg but some people have had problems doing that.
If the information in the client.cfg is incorrect or you're not sure then there are two ways to fix it.
If you can run the GUI version then there is a config option that comes up if you right click on the tray icon.
If you are running the text only version then you can run the client with the -config flag and it will ask for your information. Depending on the version of the text only client that you have you may want to then stop and restart the client.
Deleting all of the work in the work folder and the queue.dat probably isn't a bad idea either.

Just switched my 2 boxes in my room over to 2.15 (the Athlon and the Duron). I'll let you guys know if I notice anything strange...

I'll be switching the Celerons over after my next class.... and I'll get Kristin to switch over her P4. The P3 is still on v. 1.34 :( I need to make it over there at some point and swap it as well.

On a side note, I'll be completely gone from folding on Dec. 14th.... I'm leaving college and moving back to Minneapolis. I'll be living at home for a few weeks, where we have DSL but dad won't let me run my comps 24/7, or even just during the day!!! Sucks. I move into the house with my friends shortly after Xmas, but they don't have broadband (yet). Hopefully I'll be able to order cable or DSL down there. Once I get moved in down there I should have the Duron and the Athlon folding again. The Celerons are going to be permanently gone - since I am not going to be here supervising, I'll have to take them off Folding. Oh well, it was fun being one of the team's top folders while it lasted. Hopefully I'll have a steady job within a month or two, and I'll be able to build my Dual box then.

SB

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm graditating. I'm done with all my requirements, I won't be taking classes next semester, but I don't officially graduate (as in I don't walk) until early May.

I'll probably look for any entry level software or hardware job - I worked as a QA Tech for PTC (the company that makes Pro/Engineer) this summer and I really liked testing software - it's something I think I could probably do. I'm pretty sure I don't want to be a programmer - I'm not much for looking at code all day long.

For the time being, though, I'll most likely be back at the bicycle shop I worked at this summer. I'm planning on doing some traveling (~ 1 month) out west and I will probably wait to get a real job until after that. I'll be looking and interviewing though, for sure. We'll see what happens.... I'm hoping the economy and the tech sector begin a turnaround soon..... it'll make my job search a lot easier.

Anyway.... fold on!! sorry this is a little (lot) off topic.

SB

Congrats and good luck !!! :D

I am a computer programmer. I agree with not wanting to look at code all day. I also do some sales and project management for my company so it breaks up the monotony. We are just getting our operation started here.

Anyway, good luck and if you are ever moving to or near Pittsburgh, drop me your resume, you never know...

Fold On and Get Your Job On...:p

Back