• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ati Radeon 8500 LE??? New one dif company!!! Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Maximus Nickus

Senior Shaman
Super ATI Radion 8500LE AGP 64MB DDR Dual Display DVI+TV Out - Retail Box

What is it???? Its £30 less thsn the normal 8500 heres a pic and spes? How does it differ?

ATI Radeon 8500LE GPUT
64MB, SDR/SGR/DDR at up to 250/275MHz, giving memory bandwidth of up to 9.6GB/sec, -bit interface
Support AGP 2X/4X
Support 3D resolutions (32-bit color) up to 2048 x 1536
2D resolutions up to 2048 x 1536 at 85Hz
400MHz RAMDAC
Features ATI's TRUFORM, SMARTSHADER, SMOTHVISION technologies
Features ATI's second generation HYPER Z II technology that conserves memory bandwidth for improved performance in demanding applications
The only GPU to support DirectX 8.1
Supports OpenGL 1.3 features
Latest 3D games support the advanced features of RADEON 8500
Boosts effective memory bandwidth by over 20%
Leading-edge technology, fully optimized with HYDRA VISION, flexibly supports multiple combinations of traditional CRT monitors, flat panel displays and TV Features Dual Channel DVI support
Features Dual Channel DVI support
CHARISMA ENGINE II, the Radeon 8500 Geometry Engine delivers up to 62.5 million transformed, clipped, and lit triangles/second peak processing capability
ATI's PIXEL TAPESTRY II engine utilizes 4 parallel pipeline each capable of handling up to 6 textures in a single pass, delivering an incredible 2.4 Gigatexels per second fill rate for maximum 32 bit color performance at the highest resolutions
ATI's VIDEO IMMERSION II technology allows integration of industry leading digital video features, including advanced de-interlacing and frame rate conversion algorithms for unprecedented video quality and integrated digital TV decode capability. Includes programmable, independent gamma control for the video overlay
Combined with a tuner and demodulator, Radeon 8500 provides an all-format DTV/HDTV solution, even including the 1920 pixel wide 1080i format
Coupled with the RAGE THEATER analog encoder/decoder chip, Radeon 8500 provides a complete convergence solution
Comprehensive support for all new Windows 2000 display-oriented features

A "normal" 8500 has a core/mem at 275/275. That one is 250/275, just o/c the core back to 275.

ATi has 3rd selling their chipset. No biggie. Powermagic is another 3rd party I've seen.

If you're looking for the perforamnce of the retail ATi 8500, don't get the one you showed us. It is indeed a 3rd party card and isn't as good as the ATi one. You may be able to overclock it back up to 275/275, but your chances are slim as with all overclocking. If you don't want to be diassapointed, avoid 3rd party cards

actually this card uses the same 3.6 ns ram, but in reviews people have gotten up to the default retail core woith too much trouble,but i think theres something in the bios that keeps it from going farther, so im sre someon will come up with a bios flash....

I've jsu ordered a Reatil 8500 but it is 10 days before its in stock and everywhere has been out of stock for weeks!! i hope i get it before the 5th as my birthday was the 13th of nov!!

If you're not doing any overclocking do you think that card is ok--I'm more visual quality than frame rate..

Back