• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Do not try this at home

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AlabamaCajun

Flushed two work units tonight for Rockstar and one unit was 99% done. While attempting to vote on MSN I realized why I could not vote the year was on 2005. I had shutdown one instance and corrected the date and did the voting thing. Upon restarting that unit it dumped at 99% "@*&#%",:bang head "Unit has passed it's deadline" more-"*&@$" :bang head :mad:. Shortly after the other instance dumped at 50%.
Statisticly this means my next 2 to three units are going to suck in points.

nahmus said:
I seriously doub anything that comes from that show was worth the points you lost on those WU's hahahahaha :D
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
That's true but eventually the same would have happened doing something else. I thought they used server time?

hitbyaprkedcar7 said:
DOH that sucks.

I just lost 3 work units of mine, one at 93% and the other at 89%. Both 600 pointers. Windows got corrupted :(
Today was going to be a real good day "@&#^"

WTF is going on here?

I got on a machine last night that rebooted from a hdd corruption !!! :bang head

I had to leave it off for a while & cool down, shut FAH OFF, and fix the hdd.
(close call - wifes machine) :eek:

got the WU off & sneakernetted out though.

WarriorII said:
WTF is going on here?

I got on a machine last night that rebooted from a hdd corruption !!! :bang head

(close call - wifes machine) :eek:

That bytes, might need a HDD cooler. And treat those WUs like a head of state, sneak them out the back door when stuff goes down. Unfortunately I did'nt.

AlabamaCajun said:
That bytes, might need a HDD cooler. And treat those WUs like a head of state, sneak them out the back door when stuff goes down. Unfortunately I did'nt.

:( bummer.
I turned her machine on this AM, only to find the same Boot Sector error, incert a bootable disk & press enter screen. :( It's dieing fast.

She won't be happy, but I'm 64% done folding that saved WU! :D

Hope you get yours fixed.

:attn:

Better get that HD slaved on another machine and get her files off before it decides to really bite the big one. Hope you get 'er fixed WII. :thup: ...before she (wife) fixes you. :D

FYI... hopefully have you something in the e-mail tonight. :thup: AC's got me watching Rock Star, so I didn't get very far last night. :D

AC, that really is too bad about losing all of those points. That would have been an especially good day for you considering the 1487 you turned in worth 1161 points:eek::eek: :eek: .

Of course, if you hadn't lost those work units I'd be choking in your dust instead of just brushing some of your dust off. That one wu alone is twice my daily average! :drool:

WarriorII: WTF is going on here?

I got on a machine last night that rebooted from a hdd corruption !!!

(close call - wifes machine)

As long as we are all complaining about bad luck, my laptop/paper weight, just became a real paper weight. It won't run long enough for me to get the work unit off the hard drive to another machine in order to finish it.:cry:

Anyone know how to connect a laptop hd to my sig rig?

Last edited:
I just had a laptop go down with a corrupted hard drive from a stinkin virus. But that OK, I got seven more rigs folding along slowly but surely. :burn:

||Console||: Yea there is a converter for laptop to ide hdd's

I'll look into it, thanks.

Looks like I hijacked your thread temporarly, AC. My appologies!

AlabamaCajun said:
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
That's true but eventually the same would have happened doing something else. I thought they used server time?

If that were the case, we wouldnt be able to bench with saved wu's like QMD's. When I was benching a while back, I had to set my date back to when that wu was assigned, or it would just delete it. If this was done on the server side, we wouldnt be able to test with old wu's.

Edit: I also paid the same price without thinking about it when I setup AAR1. It got about 2/3 done with its first 600 point wu and I noticed the date was off on the machine. I reset the date, and the box promptly dumped the wu. Now at least I will think of the consequences before changing things.

I'll just make Tommy Lee pay for it :D
I just wish when these things happened, the WU would be coppied to a saved folder for re attempt.

Back