• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help me with my setup so far...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Magicuser

Registered
hi im using 2 pumps a 3/8 inch and a 1/2 inch submersable pumps each has a head of around 7 and flow rate around 24~26 gph this is my setup below:

SWIFTECH APOGEE cpu block
SWIFTECH MCW60 gpu block
Swiftech MCR220-QPB Dual 120mm Radiator
ZEREX SUPER COOLANT 12OZ
3 Ft of 3/8 tubbing
14 ft of 1/2 tubbing
1 y fitting
1 3/8 to 1/2 fitting
and an icechest as the resevior

i have two questions one is will the pumps be powerfull to pump the water thro the tubbing about 6~8 ft of 1/2 tubing and the second question is will the setup be atquit to cool my pentium d 805 overclocked to 3.6ghz?
thanks you for your replays

Dude those pumps won't do. You need a flow rate of at least 600 L/H. You have 99 L/H at most! It will pump it through the tubs if the back pressure doesn't fry the pump. Temps? Humm better stick to air... I say no go until you get a better pump!

or you could get a mcp355, it's a bit louder. But if you want get that mcp350+alphcool top. $120 is pretty pricey. If you buy them seperate you'll save like $10 or something, especially if you buy it used.

Back