• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

shader issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

medo145

when you flash a x800 pro to a x800xt pe does something happen to the shaders? because when i run maya in the work window all objects are black but when you render it, it's fine. And now i got this game broken sword 4 and inside the game everything is rendered fine except for the characters, all of them are black silhouettes.

any ideas guys?

edit: image added

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
i just flashed it to the original bios, with no luck. Also uninstalled omega bios and installed ati ones with no change. is my 3d card broken? :confused:

Super Nade said:
Did you reinstall the graphics driver after you flashed the card?

Yes i did, i also reinstalled the game after flashing the card and reinstalling the drivers. i found out an interesting thing. when i pause and then resume you can see the characters for like a second and then they go black as if someone turned of the lighting.

striker85 said:
I think that may be more of a software issue. See if there are any patches for the game.

I installed it on my brother's computer and it works just fine, he has a geforce 4 ti 4200. In the readme of the game my 3d card is listed as supported and his is not even on the list. Just doesn't make sense to me. My card should be more than capable enough to run this game.

Last edited:
fast writes are always off, this is the only game i have experienced it with. (also happens in maya when i turn on real time rendering, objects turn black). Is this problem caused by shaders? I remember there being some options a long time ago in the ati control panel to turn stuff b&w, sephia and so on... wonder if that has anything to do with it, but i would think the whole thing would be black and white not just the characters.

the game uses 1.1 shaders, i thought that because of the flash to xt pe the card didnt know how to use shaders because its a diff bios, but since i flashed it back to pro and the same problem persists, that seems not to be the problem.

i did it in dos

Code:
flashrom.exe -p -f 0 bios.bin

edit:
I just tried the 3d card in my brothers pc and the game runs fine, so it has to be something with my computer or maybe some issue with drivers. Could anything from the bios settings be affecting the game?

Last edited:
The aspect of your problem that is most troublesome is that other 3d rendering works. The game still operates fine, it is just the 3d rendering on the characters that does not work. I can not offer any helpful advice, but someone here should have a solution.

i hope so, especially when you feel like it has to be something simple as turning some option on/off

edit: pics (maybe these can help someone shed some light on this situation)

Attachments

• chipset.jpg
    chipset.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 37
  • devices.jpg
    devices.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Mate what happens with 3DMark? Are you able to run 3DMark? Also, make sure your cables have no kinks in them. Does your monitor work with your buddy's computer?

3d mark works just fine, monitor is good too. if it was the monitor or cables it would happen to everything not just that game and only the characters. if paused and then resumed i can see them for a second and they go dark.

i always use omega drivers, but when the problem occured thats the first thing i checked. used driver cleaner to remove all drivers and then installed ati drivers and same thing. :(

i just had some spare time and used a spare hd to install just windows the drivers and game, to see if maybe my windows was messed up. No luck tho still same result. Then i decided to try my brothers card in my pc and still the same problem. I'm running out of ideas.

Back