• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can't drag from email or camera

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

brywalker

OK. This is TOTALLY driving me nuts. I have searched and searched and I can't find any info at all on this. :bang head

System specs.

Abit AB9
Core 2 Duo E6600
2 X 1GB G.Skill PC2800
X1900XT
XP Pro SP2 all hotfixes.

I cannot drag and drop attachments from emails (Outlook 2003). I also cannot drag and drop files from my digital camera. It shows that I am doing it, but it never copies the files. Alternately, I cannot right click copy/paste. I can save attachments if I use "Save As" but I can only get my photos throught the lame XP photo wizard.

PLEASE HELP ME!

Try and see if re-registering the explorer helps:

Run dialog | regsvr32 /i shell32

This should reset the explorer and may help.

lol copied from an older post of mine. See if this help you. Something might of taken over the explorer functions and made it picky.

All this does it take the /dll's back to stock settings and makes it like new sorta. :D It is a big help for simple issues with the shell and it bieng grumpy (sometimes).

No go on either.

I don't get why I can't drag from my camera. Is there a service that I may have disabled that would directly do this?

It's driving me crazy! :mad:

Well, the problem you're experiencing may have been fixed in the latest SP... so with that in mind, I'd suggest installing it.

brywalker said:
No go on either.

I don't get why I can't drag from my camera. Is there a service that I may have disabled that would directly do this?

It's driving me crazy! :mad:

windows Image Acquisition.

Although not sure if your cam would work at all with it disabled....

Neur0mancer said:
windows Image Acquisition.

Although not sure if your cam would work at all with it disabled....

Nope, started and running.

I quit. OSX here I come.

Back