• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

#%&@!! Random Rebooting!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jjv687

Ok. I just upgraded my computer and bought a DFI Lanparty NF4 Ultra-D and a 3D Fuzion 7600GS. I'm using an AMD Athlon 64 3000+ Winchester and 2x 512MB Corsair XMS PC4400. I also have a Hauppauge PVR 250, NEC 2520a, 74GB Raptor, 300GB Seagate and I have no unknown devices in the Device manager.

Ever since I started it up I've been getting random reboots followed by this error report..
untitledck6.jpg

I'm using the newest BIOS you can get from the DFI site. v6.00
And the newest system drivers for my board.

I've consulted the stable BIOS settings sticky for the DFI boards and used Dread-Star's since he has the same memory I have.

Nothing has really helped so far. Before and after changing my BIOS settings I'd get restarts. Before and after updating my system drivers I'd get restarts. I really have no idea what's going on anymore.

PLEASE help me. These are getting very annoying. The only thing I can think of left to try is reformatting and trying this setup again. Maybe uninstalling all drivers and reinstalling? Just give me some ideas. Thanks.

What did you upgrade? Your entire system? Or did you have a HDD witha windows install and you just used the news hardware? If so, wipe the drive and start fresh...

are you OCing? if you're OCing maybe it's a unstable OC? Since you did a clean install. It seems like unstable OC, psu, or memory. Have you ran memtest?

I'm not OCing anymore. Ran Memtest and it went through with no errors, but I'm not Prime stable. I don't ever restart from CPU usage though, or overheating or anything. It's like when I do random simple things it just goes down. Like open paint or something.

Yeah, I just ran Prime with no OC at all and it only ran for 7 minutes then there was an error.

Ok two other weird things that happen. When I uninstall all the nVidia display drivers, then and only then does the nforce Firewall icon appear in the tray. Once I reinstall the display drivers, it's gone. Maybe not that big of a deal but who knows.

Also, after I install the display drivers, every single time I start up my computer, the folder in which I installed the drivers comes up on startup. Like c:\program files\nvidia always pops up. Again, who knows whats going on. Can anyone out there give me soem ideas?

Ok I tried uninstalling that. I don't know if I did though because I couldnt find it in add/remove programs but when I turn the Windows firewall off now I get the "Theres no firewall" message instead of the "Theres the nforce firewall" message. I'm still getting random resets, but now with the error report of "a video device driver" caused the error. I'm using the newest ones I could download from the nvidia site. 91.47. Should I use different ones? Is there more things I need to do to get rid of that firewall? Thanks.

just search your pc for "nforce firewall" in the search engine, remove any trace that you find, after you do that go download this. http://www.drivercleaner.net/professional.php
remove any Nvidia vidoe card traces and after that is done reboot your pc and reinstall the video card drivers, in case it removes the nvidia smbus stuff you may have to reinstall those too. if you do only install the nvidia sm bus driver and the ethernet driver(if you are using one of the ethernet ports on the MB, do not install the firewall or the IDE SW driver.

Alright, I think it may be working now. I just removed all nvidia software and reinstalled what I needed. I start Prime at like 9 this morning it's still going and there were no reboots while I was gone(there usually is). I'll wait a couple more days just to be sure it's good because I may have just been lucky so far. Thanks a lot liftedcj7on44s

Ok so I got more random rebooting so I just formatted. After isntalling a few things guess what. Same error. I know there's some real smart people on here, anyone have any ideas as to what's going on???

Ok so again I got my hopes up because I hadn't had restarts like all day, but then I just had one, only while playing AOE3 and there was so error report. I'm not overclocked or anything.. Any more ideas? :( :( :(

Back