• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mandriva 2007 beta 3 on laptop

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Newman_SCO

My processor seems locked at 3.06Ghz (Pentium 4 mobility) and the fan is constantly on low, which is usually off.

Is there a speedstep technology tool to enable stepping?

Also to enable standby? Is it possible. My standby key appears to work but the machine never comes back to life when pressed.

I feel my laptop is overworking compared to windows system. Battery life has been slashed from 5h45mins to 4h40mins.

Please advise

I don't know about mandriva specifically, but there is one available for linux. Look at the cpufreq drivers in the kernel. It should even provide an ondemand governor for you, but you can also use userspace programs, including cpufreqd.

I enabled my wireless so I could browse further information on what you recommended and setup the wireless settings in 1 of 3 possible optional setting windows(madness). Now I can't start x. I suppose it is beta, might give it ago at a later date, but for now I will give it a miss.

I have taken what you said in to account. If I come across this in my next distro. I will investigate cpufreq. Thanks.
I think I will switch to Kubuntu as soon as AIGLX is integrated.

Back