• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Have a question regarding DVD-Audio

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Special7

So I have the Eagles Hotel California DVD-Audio Disc, and I have an iPod. Now I know I won't be able to use the 24-bit/192KHz audio files on it but I would gladly settle for 16-bit/48KHz as it would obviously sound much better than the standard cd version due to it being conterted from a much higher quality source. But here in lies my problem, my normal methods for converting DVD-Audio from movies etc does not work the "What You Hear" option on my X-Fi, it does nothing but record nothing. Is there any software than can copy the audio from the dvd and let me record it into wav? thanks alot.

I dont recommend going from a DVD-A to 2 channel, especially on an ipod. You have to remember, the cd version already comes from the studio master which is either the same or better than the DVD-Audio version.

Well the thing is this dvd has both 5.1 and 2 channel versions, and I will mainly use them on my pc so I don't have to pull out my disc everytime I want to listen to it. And the cd version dosen't even come close, it was recorded from 92KHz 24-bit audio, this dvd has that in 5.1 and a 2 channel mix in 24-bit/192KHz.

Wait, so they re-recorded the entire album for the DVD-A version? I am not saying that CD is better than DVD-A or even the same, but when compressed down to 16bit-44.1 I dont think you'll notice a difference.

Yes they re-did the album on DVD, I found a way to get the 96KHz tracks to my hard drive in wav format and I compressed it down to cd specs and it sounds MUCH better than the cd version.

Back