• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1080p cables help please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AmbientFiction

Senior Folding Zombie
Somewhere in the top 100 folders for team 32
Ok so one of my friends has a Huge Tv that has a 1080p connection and he hands me this cable and asks me to find a video card with that setup on it. So I'm gonna post some pics of the connector I've not seen one of the and really don't want to move the TV to see if he is right about the connector.

Now I know this is the connector that goes to the Video card:
Head2.jpg

I thought I had a video card with this style pin hook up on it but it turned out to be the inverser of the pics I'm about to show you and just a bit smaller.

Here we have the top view:
head1t.jpg

The pin view:
Head1p.jpg

The bottom view:
Head1b.jpg

So if someone knows the name of this port could you please let me know it would help me in my search.

Thanks so much for your time in this matter,
AmbientFiction

yep, that's a DVI to HDMI converter cable. It will do 1080p, but it isn't compatible with the standards that were set when they developed the HD-DVD, Blue-Ray and PS3. That cable is pretty much only good for connecting a PC to a HDTV at 1920x1080 while being able to do 60fps as opposed to the 30fps that Component cables will do. Some of the older plasmas and lcds had a component and DVI input but no HDMI. MY projection HDTV has component only.

yeah, any DVI video card will work. I'm partial to Nvidias though because my 6200/6600 has the hardware built in for HD and enhanced video encoding/decoding as all 6xxx cards except the low end TurboCache and 64-bit cards do. Plus it has a special connector that lets it output to composite, s-video and HD component. It's been an AWESOME CARD. If he goes that route just make sure he DOES NOT get a TurboCache card nor a 64-bit card. He wants one with 256mb RAM perferrably (helps with buffering the decoding) and he wants at least 128-bit. I think there are 256-bit variants but mine is `128.

Back