• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3700 to opty 165

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

The Wicker Man

If I dont reinstall windows right away, all I pretty much have to do is update the system driver to MPS multiprocessor PC correct?????

I did search, and didnt come up with much of anything.....:)

I switched and all I did was download and install the AMD drivers and the windows xp hotfix. Seems to be running fine! (3700 to 165 too)

I threw it in, XPee did it's thing with the system driver, havent installed any patches yet....

so far it's running at 2200mhz 3.75vcore, using core temp, and running stress prime, there reporting core 1 48°C core 2 44°C....

The Wicker Man said:
I threw it in, XPee did it's thing with the system driver, havent installed any patches yet....

so far it's running at 2200mhz 3.75vcore, using core temp, and running stress prime, there reporting core 1 48°C core 2 44°C....

3.75 vcore mistype i would hope

My cpu is teh best, pwns everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!111!!oneone

But ya, 1.375.....heh

Temps pretty good too I think, using the Opty heatsink I had on the 3700

ccbwe 0550xpmw

And I was going to ask, is the patch's from MS and AMD nessary if cool and quiet is disabled in the bios??????

Or can it help performace and load balancing across the cores???

The Wicker Man said:
ccbwe 0550xpmw

And I was going to ask, is the patch's from MS and AMD nessary if cool and quiet is disabled in the bios??????

Or can it help performace and load balancing across the cores???

Well, after I installed it, I seem to have better load balancing when I dual prime.

Oh, and I'm running at 2.88Ghz on a 165.

torin3 said:
Well, after I installed it, I seem to have better load balancing when I dual prime.

What you got for a heatsink, and what kind of temps you getting????

The Wicker Man said:
What you got for a heatsink, and what kind of temps you getting????

Temps are in my signature. Basically 37°C idle and up to 52°C load. I've got a Danger Den Maze 4 on my CPU, and both video cards.

torin3 said:

There's no such thing as load balancing when you are dual priming...both cores should be running at 100%. I think you might be attempting to run 2 instances without setting core affinity. If that is the case then you are actually only running one instance.

I have the 4 pipe heatsink, running 2200mhz, Folding core 1 is 48-49 core 2 is 45.......

Running 2 stress primes, one on each core, they hit 51-52.....
I want to try to hit at least 2.6-7 with this CPU, the d00d I got it from said he did 2650 with a Zalman I think it was, and said it stayed around-under 50.....

you're temps seem to be pretty hot for 2200. What is your vcore? You might want to check and see if you are getting good contact with your heatsink as well.

I get 49C dual priming at 2.8 w/1.48V with the Ninja FYI

Also, how is your case airflow? That can make a huge difference.

Case is open, I have an old wood furnace blower ducted to the heat sink.
It moves crazy amounts of air...

I put the AS5 in the middle of the IHS and smashed it with the heatsink.

The vcore is 1.375, one notch above default.

My 3700 never went above 40°c@2900mhz 1.45 vcore, monitored with speedfan 4.29 and coretemp.....

squads said:
There's no such thing as load balancing when you are dual priming...both cores should be running at 100%. I think you might be attempting to run 2 instances without setting core affinity. If that is the case then you are actually only running one instance.

Well, I was running two instances, with core affinity, and one instance was producing results about 50% faster than the other one. I think what was happening was that while I was running other stuff, it was all hitting the core that was producing results slower. The load balancing was so that the other processes were better shared.

After the hotfix, I would only get about 1 result ahead on one core compared to the other one, even when running quite a few other things at the same time.

I installed the hotfix and AMD optimizer for poops and giggles.
I forgot to save the sandra benchies before and after, but I got scores for 3dmark 06. Maybe there is something to it.....heh

Now I must go play some F.E.A.R. :D

Before:
Main Test Results
3DMark Score 3993 3DMarks
SM 2.0 Score 1942 Marks
SM 3.0 Score 1757 Marks
CPU Score 901 Marks

After:
Main Test Results
3DMark Score 5195 3DMarks
SM 2.0 Score 2190 Marks
SM 3.0 Score 2169 Marks