• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Blockbuster Online DVD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OCOC

Registered
have anybody here tried blockbuster online DVD delivery to your home.? how is it.?

do they deliver dvd faster.?

pls let me know. thank you very much.

I tried it, recieved dvd's usualy in 1 buisness day after they recieved it. 1 Day for them to recieve it, 1 day for me to get one back, so 2 buisness days. But i live in New Jersey, close to 2 major cities, so im pretty sure they had an distribution center near me. Depends where you live. I was very pleased :)

I've used both Netflix and Blockbuster, they both are about the same. They receive the DVD's in about one day, and the same amount of time to send them to you. I ended up with Blockbuster, but going back to Netflix soon. Reason being, Blockbuster at times doesn't list some New Releases until the last minute, why they have this policy is a mystery.

Silversinksam said:
why they have this policy is a mystery.
I worked at Blockbuster and I could never figure this out either.
It was worse when the service first came out in that they would delay releasing titles on the online service by as much as 3 weeks. For some stupid reason they thought that people who would use online service so that they wouldn't have to go to the storefront wwould be willing to still go to the storefront if something new came out.

I use Blockbuster myself, and if you are aware of new releases(or release dates), you can preschedule movies so that when they come out, you can end up with new releases at the top of your queue. Mostly, you can do this through a search. I do agree with SSS and Captain Slug that their listings for new releases suck as far as lag time, but I'd also point out that doing online with Blockbuster, you get 4 free rentals per month in store, which(for the mathimatically challenged) adds 48 free movies to your total.

stool said:
I use Blockbuster myself, and if you are aware of new releases(or release dates), you can preschedule movies so that when they come out, you can end up with new releases at the top of your queue. Mostly, you can do this through a search. I do agree with SSS and Captain Slug that their listings for new releases suck as far as lag time, but I'd also point out that doing online with Blockbuster, you get 4 free rentals per month in store, which(for the mathimatically challenged) adds 48 free movies to your total.

That's a good point, to some that may be incentive to use Blockbuster over the other. I never used the Blockbuster in store coupons but that's a decent incentive.

One of the reasons I'm going back to Netflix is I received the Netflix settlement last week. They are giving me 10 free movies as part of the settlement and some other incentive. I left the paperwork in VA last week, so when I get it back, I'll sign up for Netfix for free to get the movies they owe me, and then just subscribe after that.

I've tried Netflix and Intelliflix. Just say no to (UN)Intelliflix, but Netflix(which I've used for over a year now) has been very reliable. They have alot of old classics that are really tough to find at a brick & mortar shop.

A buddy tried both Blockbuster and Netflix for a 2-week trial period. They both come about the same time, and about the same condition. But- blockbuster is a couple bucks cheaper and you get a free rental every week from your local store. I'd say give Blockbuster a try.

Ive used BlockBuster for about 1 1/2 years now (and tried Netflix) , again about the same on both . The 2 instore coupons is why I use Blockbuster though (does come in handy ) .

Both companies WILL "throttle" you if you rent too much every month . Meaning , your movies will "not be available" or on "long wait" alot of times ; and they do this to keep thier costs down as not to loose to much money with HEAVY renters (like myself :p ).

As long I get enough movies in a month to bring the average cost per movie to $2 or less , Iam usually happy (I have the 2 out a time unlimited plan for $12/month+tax) .

Back