• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

7900GS VS X1900GT HELP (for a TWO screen flight sim pc)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rajanm1

i am going to build a new flight sim pc with :
AMD 3700+ (s939)
Corsair® 2048MB TwinX XMS 3200 C2 Memory Kit (2 x 1GB)
2 X 17" screens
7900GS(£99.99) OR X1900GT(£112.99)
i am from the UK and only have aprox. £100 to spend

so i was wondering what card would be best for doing this, or would two cheaper cards work better, 1 for each moniter, and if so would it be better to have them in croosfire/Sli or just have 2 seperate cards?

thanks

Last edited:
I'd bet the 7900gs has an edge in performance when it comes to flight sims. Which flight sim do you plan playing?

dan

microsoft's latest one, probably flight simulator X by the time i finish my project.

Ah, ok. I only know the latest Nvidia cards beat the Ati offerings in one sim, Lo-mac. No idea about MFS series though.

dan

nobody will know right now... the games isnt even out yet... :) I have a 7900gs and love the MFS series. In 2004 I have EVEYTHING on max and run at a resonable 40fps. My problem with FSX is that it is supposed to be for DX10, but their BETA demo is for DX9 so it isnt right ALOT of textures are WAY of and the FPS is VERY low, like 10-12. The demo has buildings in the wrong places, some aircraft are partially transparent, the cars dont have bodies on them, Just TONS of issues. We will find out soon though. Hope this helps some.

Back