• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ionic cooling? 0db sounds good.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
that's pretty cool. funny i saw one of those ionic breeze commoercials and wondered if something like that was possible.

MaxPowers_68 said:
its a cool idea but for some reason it looks too good to be true.
I am skeptical... I have been hearing latley that the concept of ion pull air filters are complete BS.
That is my engeniering buddies telling me the ionic breeze is a load of crap.

Pressure with airflow is like voltage and electricity... with zero pressure / voltage, you have zero flow / potential.
Bassicaly the reverse of a tazer hitting you for 15,000 volts... and then being fine 2-3 seconds after. There was now amperage in that 15,000 volts so no damage was done.

I bet that thing is like a space heater.... he also said TT products were good... so take it for what it is worth...

For some reason I think that murphy's law is going to find a particularly spectacular way to bite him in the *** soon.

I still maintain that this could make Max-X.

1) Holy cow! Expensive!
2) I'm betting temps are where mid-range aircooling will be, if not worse.
3) The point of the ionic breeze isn't to have a high CFM, it's just to charge the air particles that pass through it...if it moved a lot of air, you would hear something.

I'm skeptical. For that price I would much rather buy a nice watercooling loop, which looks cooler and I'm assuming performs better anyways.

Dude, that looks awesome, but it'd be better if he had posted some temps and some betetr pics so we could really see what the inside looks like. My grandparents have one of those breezes, maybe I should gank it?

Oh my god... he does not know... does he?

WHY DOES HE HAVE IT BLOWING INTO THE COMPUTER?? I'd make one suck air out of the case so I don't have to worry about it...

But it is capable of working very well...

Immortal_Hero said:
I bet that thing is like a space heater.... he also said TT products were good... so take it for what it is worth...

Well, he openly stated that he had a sponsorship from TT. Also, their products aren't that bad, the case is fine, the PSU isn't the best, but is tolerable, and the heatsinks he used aren't bad at all.

As for the project itself, the lack of pressure makes me very wary about something like this and I really wonder how the performance is. Also, there doesn't appear to be any airflow through the case at all, just the intake with the ionic cooler.

Well, he claimed that the system operated without any heat problems so it does appear to be a valid option for anyone who wants an absolutely quiet system.

I just saw this and was about to post it here, but I guess you beat me to it. :) I think it could work, but I want to see temps. also, with 300+CFS, you're going to hear SOME noise, if just from the air moving through the HSF. Interesting how he did it though...I thought he would use a small one and mount it to the CPU's HSF...that would be more direct, anyway. :shrug:

wonder how much the ionic air is affecting the performance of his pc. Im sure some of the charged air does slip by the fins and wire mesh. I had one of those ionic air things by my old pc and it made my PC unstable until i moved it to the otherside of the room. but this was years ago and it wasnt an ionic breeze.

Aslan said:
Well, he claimed that the system operated without any heat problems so it does appear to be a valid option for anyone who wants an absolutely quiet system.

But that massive HS he put on the CPU would cool it with no air flow... not saying good temps but it would run...

Back