Notices

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > Cooling > Water Cooling
Water Cooling Discussion devoted to blocks, pumps, radiators, reservoirs, tubing, and everything else to get you running smooth on a water loop
Forum Jump

Fan Config on a Heatercore

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 09-19-06, 07:26 AM Thread Starter   #1
Immortal_Hero

Fan Config on a Heatercore

I have a '77 Boni heater core. I was wondering if anyone has expiermented with configuring it in push or pull configs. Which is better?

Old 09-19-06, 09:19 AM   #2
CGR

10 Year Badge

I have always done pull through the radiator from outside the case in. There is one other option you left out which is both push/pull, I beleive that is the best method. Takes up more space though since you have a fan on either side of the rad. As for the difference between push/pull alone I would think pull is better, but even if it isnt you are not talking a huge performance incerease.

My suggestion is pulling cooler air through the rad or using push/pull combined.

HIS 4850 680/1108.................................................. .............Nvidia 7600GT
WD VRaptor 300gb/Seagate 1TB..........................................Raptor 74gb/Seagate 200gb
OCZ GameXtreme 600SLI

CGR is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 09-19-06, 09:52 AM Thread Starter   #3
Immortal_Hero

I can eiter push or I can pull... I prefer to push in my case becasue it offers the easiest setup in my situation.

Old 09-19-06, 10:00 AM   #4
Bugsmasher

Technically a 'pull' config is supposed to be ever so slightly better. In real world performance I doubt you would see much of a difference assuming you have a shroud and a good seal. By not much I mean seeing a degree difference would be surprising.

On the flip side the use of a decent shroud will definitely make a difference. If you arent using one yet I highly suggest it

Watercooling Setup - MCP600, T-Line, Home-made Monster Reservoir, MCW6002, Fedco 2-199 w/home-made shrouds in a push/pull config, 4 Sanyo Denki 120mm beasts (undervolted to 7), 7/16"ID-5/8"OD MasterKleer tubing
Bugsmasher is offline   QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > Cooling > Water Cooling
Water Cooling Discussion devoted to blocks, pumps, radiators, reservoirs, tubing, and everything else to get you running smooth on a water loop