• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

76c!!! what is this!!?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That is way hot.... Even my OCed chipset on my Ultra D only hits low 50's when in a hot room.

BLOOP! said:
Man, thats hot. run TAT to be sure thats not your cpu. but even if thats your NB i think its still waayyy hot!

what is TAT? maybe I should remount the heatsinks with as5?

Yeah? Well mine says -2c. And for my Asus or Asrock board it said 125c... at which point my house would've burned with me in my sleep.

Like I said: DON'T LISTEN TO SPEEDFAN.

Attachments

• friggin speedfan.JPG
    friggin speedfan.JPG
    130.5 KB · Views: 115
That is the PWM temp. Basically the Power components next to the CPU. Mine ocasionally hit 70C. They are made to handle high temps, but it wouldnt hurt to put a fan over them.

well now it says 118c in my room, which is just retarded. I opened up my case, put a massive house fan right next to the case and set the thing to full blast (gives out TONS of cfm) and that temp stayed the same.

bchur83 said:
That is the PWM temp. Basically the Power components next to the CPU. Mine ocasionally hit 70C. They are made to handle high temps, but it wouldnt hurt to put a fan over them.

Yeah well on the 965 boards they mean JACK. I mean COME ON! 125c and -2c? What sort of bizarre alternate universe could those temperatures possibly exist in?

What the hell is 125c anyway... Has that ever happened outside of an oven before? My electric oven does 200c MAX... and the irons are glowing red at that point. My computer runs hotter than everybody else's... but I don't actually see anything GLOWING inside of it...

Back